This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any contraindications to Synergeyes?

Can someone tell me if there is a particular type of patient that cannot or should not wear Synergeyes?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Heard lots of normal people wearing contacts long time got "dry eye"...

Seldom hear dry eye people wearing contacts for a benefit.

Would it just reduce irritation at first, but at last you will got severe dry eye even worse?

I am afraid of putting anything even artitifical eye drops into the eye.
      Lots of news of contact wearer getting amoeba going into the eye causing near blindness.

Contact may lead to better looking as same time, but only if you can wear for whole day of 16 hours.

It would be better if things are done with an eye doctor.
      Last edited by hkgcomet; 07-Feb-2009, 22:42.

Comment

Well my eyes are just too dry for any type of contact. The synergies- didnt fit my cornea and couldnt find a fit- the ones i tried actualy caused an abrasion because they werent the right fit. But other than that i could still feel somewhat a dryness- and that day my eyes werent at worst because my throat was bad.

I did take home some soclear- as the optomotrist said most people found those better for dry eye than synergies because they dont have the soft lense to absorb (which i was surprised at because i had heard reports of these being better for some with dry eye).

The soclear felt comfortable but again too dry.

Just gonna give up on any sort of contact.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Update

Still doing beautifully. Cannot wear my glasses more than 1-2 hours with the dry eye getting too painful. No pain, irritation, etc. with my synergeyes at all. They are truly my miracle.

Comment

Which insurance covers synergeyes??

I just discovered about synergeyes through these threads and I'm really interested to go in for an appointment to see if I'm a candidate. I have severe dry eye in 1 eye, which recently have been more comfortable after getting cautery. I haven't been to the the optometrist since developing my dry eye and before that I always just paid out of pocket.

The contact fitting and the lens itself for Synergeyes are SO expensive that I think vision insurance at this time is a good idea. For those who use Synergeyes, which vision insurance do you have that covered them so I know which one is better to get?? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comment

new synergeye user

i have mild dry eye and have been wearing the synergeyes for about 2 weeks now. i notice, amazingly, that i just don't seem to need to put drops in my eyes and they feel good all day. i actually forget about them! i can tolerate these lenses for about 12 hours now. my problem seems to be with light sensitivity....it seems to come and go and i am assuming that this is something to get used to. i did notice a $50 coupon if you google synergeyes coupons for certain types of the synergeyes. unfortunately for me, i have no vision insurance. i have the synergeyes ps (post surgery)-- i am approx. 15 years post rk and have not realized how poor my vision was, until i used these lenses. they are amazing. however, the fitting has taken many many hours and visits and although the cost is fairly high, if the dr. takes time and does is properly, i can see why.
              Last edited by greenandbrowneyes; 15-Feb-2010, 15:58.

Comment

new synergeyes user

i have mild dry eye and have been wearing the synergeyes for about 2 weeks now. i notice, amazingly, that i just don't seem to need to put drops in my eyes and they feel good all day. i actually forget about them! i can tolerate these lenses for about 12 hours now. my problem seems to be with light sensitivity....it seems to come and go and i am assuming that this is something to get used to. i did notice a $50 coupon if you google synergeyes coupons for certain types of the synergeyes. unfortunately for me, i have no vision insurance. i have the synergeyes ps (post surgery)-- i am approx. 15 years post rk and have not realized how poor my vision was, until i used these lenses. they are amazing. however, the fitting has taken many many hours and visits and although the cost is fairly high, if the dr. takes time and does is properly, i can see why. i understand some medical plans treat certain vision disorders as a medical situation, so you may want to check with your dr.
                Last edited by greenandbrowneyes; 15-Feb-2010, 15:59.

Comment

Hi,
                  I live near you and was wondering which doctor you went to for Synergeyes---especially since you mentioned that it took lots of visits and extra fitting time by the eye doctor. This is a quality I look for in eye doctors because I don't see well and have trouble getting a good prescription during an refraction exam.

thanks,
                  Calli

Comment

Update: 3 years later and still doing very, very well. Synergeyes are my "cure". I still have very severe dry eye, but am symptom free when the Synergeyes are in.

Comment

Working...
                    X