Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conjunctivochalasis surgery - would like to talk to someone who have had this surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conjunctivochalasis surgery - would like to talk to someone who have had this surgery

hi everyone

Looks like I am going through with the surgery. After trying every single non-surgical treatment out there and spending almost $30,000 this year on said treatments, I am doing the surgery. After insurance, my cost would be nothing. I was originally diagnosed with CCh about a year ago by a doctor in Tampa. Skeptical of this diagnosis, I went to 5 more other surgeons around the country--all of whom were just as reputable. Total, these 5 surgeons diagnosed me with CCh and recommended the surgery and the other surgeon wanted to wait after a few more treatments before we resort to surgery. Pleased with this confirmation from this many surgeons, I finally decided to schedule the surgery with a doctor who performs ocular surface reconstruction almost 25 times a week in the LA area.

I have a thousand questions that my surgeon has already answered about twice and thrice for me, but I would like to get a patient's perspective on these questions and to talk about his or her experience undergoing with the surgery.

For those who don't know, my diagnosis are: dry eyes from 15+ years of contacts, PRK, allergies

I'm told I need the surgery as well. Did you ever go through with it? How did it turn out? Is the L.A. Dr. , Dr. H. ?

Comment

Working...
    X