X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diquafosol effective for obstructive mgd

A study just published:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23584719

Has anyone found out if Diquafosol can be made by a compounding pharmacy? I've inquired at my pharmacy, haven't heard back yet. Maybe someone else can look into it?

what about getting it directly in Japan? Is it possible to get it there as a foreigner during some e.g. private consultancy (I suppose it's available there on prescription)?

Comment

I contacted Leiter's. I'll let you know what I hear.

Comment

Ah the dry eye pro's =) Haven't seen you guys in a while. Keep me posted on this! I am interested. Truly truly I admire your research skills.

Comment

Umm Im happy to ask here in oz. but they asked me whats strength and active ingredient. from article it seems 3% . Active ingredient ? Diquafosol tetrasodium? .
          They will let me know . i will ask if preservative free form can b made.
          http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Double posted again .
            Last edited by soaps; 29-Apr-2013, 02:10.
            http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

any updates on this matter?

i know this hasn't been approved yet in the united states and europe,but to my understanding it is in japan.
              is there any way to get hold of this diquasfosol opthalmic solution in japan? international pharmacy maybe?
              i can arrange a prescription if necessary..

thanks!
              patrick..

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post
                any updates on this matter?

i know this hasn't been approved yet in the united states and europe,but to my understanding it is in japan.
                is there any way to get hold of this diquasfosol opthalmic solution in japan? international pharmacy maybe?
                i can arrange a prescription if necessary..

thanks!
                patrick..
                If you don't find any other sources and provide me with a prescription I can have it sent to you. Notice: Diquafasol by Santen seems to be preserved with BAK.

Comment

Originally posted by aquaman View Post
                  If you don't find any other sources and provide me with a prescription I can have it sent to you. Notice: Diquafasol by Santen seems to be preserved with BAK.

Hi aquaman,

Thanks.
                  I'm going after a prescription for this diquafosol.
                  Previously i got a prescription by asking my optometrist if she wants to write a letter to my gp for a prescription and then my gp writes one. No questions asked.
                  Thats how i got doxy to.
                  Frankly,i'm not very fond of using any bak preserved eye drops. For obvious reasons. Does it come unpreserved as well?

Patrick..

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
                    I contacted Leiter's. I'll let you know what I hear.
                    Leiter's finally got back to me. They said:

Unfortunately we have not been able to find a FDA approved supplier for this chemical. Thus we will not be able to compound this at this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X