This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diquafosol, when is it coming out?

Does anyone know what the deal is with Diquafosol? I feel it would really help many of us, but I can't find info. on whether or not it's ready to come out in the states yet. Thank you for any replies.

Allergan (makers of Restasis) tried to do something with this drug in 2008 in the US, but it didn't get the results they were looking for, so it died out. Another company is utilizing a similar drug that is in phase III trials, may be coming out in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by DocwithDryEye View Post
      Allergan (makers of Restasis) tried to do something with this drug in 2008 in the US, but it didn't get the results they were looking for, so it died out. Another company is utilizing a similar drug that is in phase III trials, may be coming out in 2018.
      Does anyone have experience with this?

It is available from international pharmacies and from Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by DocwithDryEye View Post
        Do you know what that drug is called so I can follow it's progress? Thanks.

Comment

I think the name of the drug is "Diquas" produced by Santen Pharmaceutical Company.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25968930

Comment

Working...
          X