Hello and thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and thanks!

Hello to all and thanks for all the great suggestions! This is a great site and very helpful.I have been reading your messages for a short while and would like to offer a few suggestions from my 2 year experience with dry eye. Unlike a lot of you with lasik surgery and so young ( my heart goes out to all of you!), I have dry eye from menopause (in my 50's) and have had to learn what works, mainly from trial and error. My dry eye is from MGD, as many of you, and I have found much relief, finally, from Doxycycline (which took about 5 months to really get some oil flowing, and Refresh Endura, the oil drops. I also discovered just recently, for any of you females, that our hormones can play a major role with this problem. I am on hormone therapy
    ( a necessity) and recently discovered that when estrogen is too high, my eyes are much dryer. My gynecologist is helping immensely, and we have to work to keep it in balance--too high or too low affects my vision immensely. I think this may be a big problem for lots of women that we just don't understand well, due to the lack of research in this area now. It took me a while to make this connection, so perhaps it may help someone else. Kate

Thanks Kate. My DES is caused by perimenopausal hormone changes. I do not have MGD and I have not had Lasik. I have noticed that the intensity of my symptoms varies depending on the degree of hormonal imbalance I am experiencing. The more irregular the cycles, the greater my DES symptoms. Just sharing what I have experienced.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
    X