How Dry Eyes Made My Toe Hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Dry Eyes Made My Toe Hurt

My left big toe was hurting me for the past two weeks. It started every time I'd put on my sneakers and started walking. I went to the foot doctor yesterday. She took out my orthotic inserts and checked them out. She checked my toe and feet and said everything seemed OK. Then she went to put the orthotic insert back into the sneaker and she frowned. She said, "It feels like there is something in here." She pushed her hand all the way into the toe of the sneaker and poked around....

...and she pulled out an empty vial of Refresh Plus preservative-free eye drops!!!!

She said "This was where your big toe would be - I think this is what was making your toe hurt!" And we both laughed hysterically!

So now you know how my dry eyes made my toe hurt.

I think this is the first thing I have ever read on the internet that made me honestly laugh out loud. Really good story, though I bet your doctor is telling this one at conferences.

Comment

Hi Tearless!
      Thank you for the response. I was really surprised that there weren't more replies on here with lots of laughter. Pretty much everyone here uses the disposable eye drop vials ...and I KNOW I am not the only one who - in my blind morning stupor - inadvertently throws the empty vials into my shoes!
      I'm glad you appreciated that!
      -R.E.

Comment

lolol~~~ I missed this the first time or you sure would have had a response from me. Love humor, it gets us through many a bad spot in life.

Thanks for giving me an actual "laugh out loud" first thing this morning

Comment

Oh you guys have made me happy this morning. I thought everyone had lost their senses of humor. And you're right, Magoo - we've got to be able to laugh!

Comment

I've found those empty vials in some strange places...such as in the poor garbage disposal and in my bra...tmi? At least my doctor didn't find the one in my bra.

Comment

LOL! Yes!

Comment

I saw this at the time and it cracked me up but I forgot to laugh in print
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                X