Sensitive to light - Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive to light - Any suggestions?

My dry eyes are probably due to age and post-menopause. However, they are very sensitive to light and sunlight as well as rooms which are dry.

My doctor has prescribed Restasis and I've been taking it for 2 months but it doesn't help.

I've been reading this site and have heard about special glasses and drops that help.

Can anyone give me specifics that might help my eyes and where I might get them?

Thank you.

Possibly you might find some answers here...DryEyePain.com
    Good Luck!

Charon8

Comment

Originally posted by charon8
      Possibly you might find some answers here...DryEyePain.com
      That's a terrific site. Haven't been there in awhile so I just went and peeked. There's a ton of goggle info at both these links:

http://www.dryeyepain.com/Goggles.htm
      http://www.dryeyepain.com/GG2-MiscGoggleInfo.htm

Welcome amgiord!

My dry eyes are probably due to age and post-menopause. However, they are very sensitive to light and sunlight as well as rooms which are dry.
      Protective eyewear. The "top of the line" are Panoptx (click here or here for more details) but there are lots of other more economical options and dryeyepain.com is a great source of info on them.

Any & all improvement to your tear film should help reduce the light sensitivity.

Have a look at Dry Eye FAQ some ideas... artificial tears are used by most dry eye patients. Warm compresses, Omega 3 supplements and possibly oral antibiotics may improve the oil layer and reduce tear evaporation. Humidifiers and redirection of vents can help with environmental factors. Also check out www.agingeye.net for a good treatments overview.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X