This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Andrey,

Glad to hear that your eyes have improved, that is certainly good news!

I am curious, about the effect of a shower on your eyes. I too find that after every shower my eyes are so much more sensitive for the rest of the day. I experience burning, soreness and a sense of wanting to close my eyes.

In another thread I had posted, a couple of people have mentioned that heat makes their symptoms worse. I also find that if I do a warm compress in the evening, the next day I have a lot more crustiness around my eyes in the morning.

Comment

I havent done any compresses yet, I know heat makes my eyes more uncomfortable unlike the cold air. I think warm compresses may get my oil glands flowing, but make my eyes more irritated.. shame!

Comment

Hi!

Sorry for the late answer!

As I said earlier, my eyes was close to normal when I took Azitromax, but now I'm back in the same boat as you are. =(

Yeah, after every shower my eyes are completely ruined. It doesn't matter how much I close my eyes and avoid getting the water in my eyes, always the same problem afterwards and it won't go away for 24 hours or so. I will buy bathglasses and use them at home in the shower, hopefully with good results. Another thing that totally ruins my eyes is when I cook food and the smoke comes in my eyes. Then I have another 24 hours to wait before my eyes get back to a OK stadium.

I read in another thread about Florastor that could help. It will probably be my last try to make things better. If it doesn't help I will have 60 boring years to live.

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
        Hi Andrey,

Glad to hear that your eyes have improved, that is certainly good news!

I am curious, about the effect of a shower on your eyes. I too find that after every shower my eyes are so much more sensitive for the rest of the day. I experience burning, soreness and a sense of wanting to close my eyes.

In another thread I had posted, a couple of people have mentioned that heat makes their symptoms worse. I also find that if I do a warm compress in the evening, the next day I have a lot more crustiness around my eyes in the morning.

Comment

Back again after a year or so

Hey everyone! Long time no see! I missed you a lot

I thought I'd stop by and make an update on my condition.

My eyes have slightly improved. They still get bad sometimes but other times I totally forget having dry eye syndrome. A big issue that annoys me is the fact they are quite red. I found a nice brand of eye drops available in Greece called Hyabak Protector which I used for a month during summer and ever since my symptoms have slightly diminished. I'm planning on re-buying it soon. Lately my eyes have started to get drier but that's because of sleeping less and computer overuse due to school-homework and other duties.

A lot have happened the past year. I started a blog in Greek so as to give advice to people who don't speak English but unfortunately some kind of Lasik-related-website took over and installed a virus. I had to delete it because I didn't want people to get malware from my blog. I also changed my diet a bit; however, it didn't help and as a result I'm back to my previous one. Unfortunately I hadn't been doing well as far as my mental well-being is concerned. I suffer from anxiety with a lot of side effects such as depression and panic attacks. There had been a wide variability of things happening in my life for a while. However, the last 2 weeks I'm doing so much better and I've had a lot of positive news and events being around.

Another thing I've noticed is that my eyelids are darker (dark circles are more noticeable). A lot of people told me it's because I don't rest enough but since I'm a hypochondriac I get worried. I only use artificial tears once or twice a week because even though my eyes feel dry and irritated, I don't feel the need to use them. My eyes do get messed up for the rest of the day after taking a bath, too. By the way I've stopped wearing contacts (I only tried daily disposables for just a day but they don't work for me). I got new glasses because my prescription changed (nearsightedness worsened and developed astigmatism). I love them!

All in all this is it. I hope everyone is fine and they've had luck with their condition.

Comment

Thanasis! So happy to hear from you, and glad that you've got new glasses and found Hyabak, and that you're studying and getting on with a good life!

Are you still doing warm compress for MGD? Is your skin doing well now? Why do you think your eyes suffer after a bath ~ do you think it's the water? Over here, London water is full of chemicals and I'm wondering whether to eg get a filter or purifier (expensive).
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi there! So glad to talk to you again after so long! How is LM doing?

I rarely do any warm compress now, it feels like my eyes don't really need them!! My skin is doing just fine; I still have the normal "teenage" acne but other than that my face has cleared up a lot. However, lately I've experienced a breakout due to anxiety. In addition, shaving contributes to acne because I get ingrown hair.

Ever since I was young I've experienced discomfort when water got into my eyes while showering. I guess it could be the water and it's content in my area. But since I found I have DES I avoided getting water in my eyes and it helped a lot. They feel great while I'm in because of the steam and the heat. However, they still dry out when I finish showering and feel bad for the rest of the day. My personal assumption is that they get used to the nice environment (heat + steam) so as soon as I get out and they come in contact with the normal air, they get irritated.
              If you can afford the filter/purifier at sometime in the future why not try it?

Comment

Thanks Thanasis, We're good thanks now, like you really, getting on with having a good life and taking opportunities as they come along, eg she's travelling quite a lot now to play music and coping fine with the eyes and skin.

It's important for people to know that you and LM have been through hell with eyes and skin, and come out fine on the right maintenance. The derms want to try topical retinoid Adapalene again but we are sure we saw response in the MGs last time so we are sticking with courses of topical erythromycin if needed, plus trying different gentle hypoallergenic washes and moisturisers. At the moment, we're doing OK on a Body Shop wash with honey and oatmeal, and Dijon84 says he likes one from Aveeno. Maybe once or twice in the week, she does use either a tea tree shampoo or a gentle tea tree face wash, just in case there's a bit of demodex overgrowth and it helps. We think it's quite easy to get sensitive to TTO so we are using it carefully.

It's so good you posted up for people to know that although the bad stuff happens, and it's all there in the old posts, it can make us more strong, capable, wiser and more compassionate. Especially with the sharing of information and understanding we've got here.

We're the same with anxiety. The docs are saying we should prioritise on reducing stress, and getting on with career and education opportunities, so we've dumped them all and we're down to just eye checks now. We are doing things just because they make us feel better, like going out in the countryside, especially now it's Spring here. What do you do when you get stressed?
                Last edited by littlemermaid; 18-Mar-2013, 05:12.
                Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

To reduce my anxiety I usually go with self-assurance and conscience. Basically, I try to help myself realize there is no need to get panicked. There are also a lot of activities that help me such as dog-walking in the park, visiting friends or even spending time with my own self!

Back the topic; I wanted to ask something regarding my eyes but I forgot. Well, due to dry eyes these 3 years my eyes are permanently red-ish/pink-ish or irritated to put it simply. There are permanently enlarged veins (or arteries I guess) in specific areas on the white parts on each of my eyes. Most of them look like they "connect" to the cornea. Even if my eyes feel perfect (which rarely happens anymore ) the veins are still there. In my last exam my eye doctor told me my eyes are fine so I assume I don't need to worry. Do other people with DES have permanently irritated/veiny looking eyes?

Comment

My eyes have slowly but surely gotten more veiny over time..I feel like its due to restasis use but I could be wrong, my eyes may just be progressing. My doctor thinks once the inflammation is under control my eyes will go back down. Do I believe him-no. It's been two years and have tried everything besides sclerals which I am getting next month. I know how you feel...

I just keep trying treatment after treatment getting excited for the "next thing" but haven't gotten any relief except for Steriods.

Comment

I've always been insecure ever since they got veiny-looking! But for the most part, I've got used to it. I hope it doesn't get any worse though.

I hope everything goes perfect with the sclerals. Don't worry!! Fingers crossed for moist and bright eyes

Comment

Hi Thenasis,

Read my post on how eye drastically improved my dry eyes. Its on here somewhere. As its from acne treatment like myself then youl probably have the other symptoms I have (dry mouth, lips, nose, tinnitus etc)

Hope you get better.

Also don't worry anybody who doesn't suffer the same problem will never understand, that includes your doctor im afraid!!

Comment

Working...
                        X