Dry eye for at least 15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye for at least 15 years

I first noticed my dry eye, which I didn't know it was about 15 years ago, when it seemed like something was in my eye all of the time. Eventually I saw a doctor and was told my eyes were a little dry. Just suggested drops. Since then I have been to at least 4 doctors. Have had all kinds of treatments, from Restasis, punctal plugs, Lacroset inserts, and all types of drops. So far nothing has worked. I would love to find a solution. My greatest problem is when I am at work on the computer. It seems like the computer really irritates my eyes.

Hi! 15 yrs with dry eye too First ten years or even more, when I didn't know what's wrong with me were just terrible... Now the life is worth living again. About the computer - I've found out that moisture chamber glasses help a lot. Actually it seems to me now that computer doesn't irritate my eyes as long as I an keep the environment around the eyes moist. Simple Dustbusters that Rebecca sells here work just great for me.

Comment

Have you ever tried contact lenses ?

Comment

Originally posted by sarahcoles28 View Post
        Have you ever tried contact lenses ?
        Sarah are you talking about some specific therapeutic lens? Just wondering as for the most part people with dry eyes don't/can't/shouldn't wear contact lenses.

By the way, welcome to the board. What's your story?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca. Well i didn't had a major dryness problem, but was suffering from the usual itching and blur problem. So got a prescription for Proclear Contact Lenses. And it took me a while but helped me in keeping away with the dryness factor. So asked avee about it. Although 15 years means she has a major dryness problem.

Comment

Working...
          X