Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit with Dr. Latkany

Hello everyone!
    I last posted from New Mexico, where I have been living for three years, and where my problems with dry eyes started.
    I am currently in New York. I come "home" to NY every few months, and have recently begun consulting with docs here. This time I visited with Dr. Latkany! The good doctor's (surprising) diagnosis of my problem is that I have ocular roseacea, complicated by allergies. I was absolutely amazed to hear this. Previously I received a diagnosis of conjunctival chalasis, and thought I was in store for surgery. Dr. Latkany realized that I must be allergic to BAK, so I can't use any drops with preservatives. I was using Restasis, and now have stopped that. All I'm doing is ice packs, 4 times a day, with occasional systane ultra. My eyes are feeling so much better already, but still itch at times.
    Dr. Latkany insisted I go for airborne allergy testing and blood work before my next appointment with him, so I have to stay in NY for a while. However, I want to be able to return to New Mexico to be with my domestic partner, who can't leave right now. I am panicking at the prospect of facing the dryness again, but hope that after being treated for roseacea, and being armed with appropriate tools to protect my eyes, I will be able to spend a few months at a time in Santa Fe.
    Please, Rebecca, and others, please give me some feedback. I need some reality based commentary.
    Thanks for reading, and in advance for commenting!
    Johanna
Working...
X