Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How reliable is TBUT?

Hey guys,
    Iv always considered myself oil deficient due to accutane use(which targets meibomian glands).However,today my TBUT was greater than 10 seconds,which is supposedly near normal with regard to oil secretions.
    My doctor then opted to plug me as a result of this.
    I wonder if A)The lid hygiene i have been doing for the last 6 months id finally working
    or B)The test is unreliable or C)Im back at square one with no diagnosis which is worse again!!
    Any thoughts guys
    Very much appreciated
    Anthony

TBUTs

I get different TBUTS depending upon the day of the week and the doctor, it seems like. Also, I have only had one doctor actually count the seconds out loud.

How are the plugs working by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedMyEyes View Post
      I get different TBUTS depending upon the day of the week and the doctor, it seems like. Also, I have only had one doctor actually count the seconds out loud.

How are the plugs working by the way?
      Just had em inserted today at 1300h.Its now 2300h local time.My right eye is grand but my left is really bloodshot and irritated.Ill give it a few days to try and adjust before reomoval if need be.
      Also my doc did not put in dissolvable plugs.this worried me but he assured me it was not difficult to remove these plugs if my eyes get too watery or i cant deal with the foreign object sensation.
      So far no excess tearing
      Will report back in a couple of days
      Tony

Comment

Working...
      X