Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had an outpatient surgery yesterday (not eyes - female stuff) and ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an outpatient surgery yesterday (not eyes - female stuff) and ...

my eyes felt and looked far better then in years. I was amazed when I was getting ready to come home and glanced in the mirror at how clear and white they looked. They were just a tiny bit red but tons better then before I had the surgery (especially since I was under heavy flourescent lighting which always make them look horrible).

I thinking it must have been the anesthesia that had the positive effect. I just talked to the surgical nurse who called for a follow-up and she had no idea what they used so I will ask my doc at my post-op.

Has anybody else had this happen or does anyone have any ideas what they would have given me?

Thanks!

I would speak to the anesthesiologist, sometimes if the eyes are not closing, after anesthesia, they put an ointment in the eye. Please let us know what you find out. If your surgery was done at a hospital, you can usually contact the anesthesiologist there, or at a surgery center. They do not have offices. Good luck, hope it's something you can continue.

Comment

How interesting! If you had an IV, another possibility is that the hydration is what helped your eyes. I know someone who had a similar experience with a medical conditions dramatically imroving after surgery, although the surgery was unrelated to that disorder. Because of the improvement, she started getting a saline IV every two weeks at her doctor's office and it helped. If the improvement is due to hydration, drinking coconut water may be good to try. I've recently started drinking O.N.E., mango flavor, and I add a dash of Naked's Mango Madness to it so that it tastes really good. Hoping it helps.

Comment

You are right on about the IV...last year I had to be put on an IV due to being very ill and not eating for a week (tho I was drinking...). As soon as the Iv was put in, the first thing I felt was my eyes being moistened significantly and it felt amazing. It made me truly realize how dry my eyes actually were. Be great to schieve that level of hydration in your eyes without an IV attached to you!

Comment

There have been cases where coconut water has been used as an intravenous hydration fluid in some developing countries where medical saline was unavailable. - Wikipedia.

Comment

I have been drinking coconut water for about a week now and notice that the eyes feel a bit more moist. It is a big bottle !

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied sooner...

my puppy chewed through the power cord on my computer. Finally got a new one today.

I asked the surgical nurse when she called what the anesthesia was and she said she had no idea. So....at the follow-up with my doc in a few weeks I will aks him (about the hydration/IV issue as well). If I get any info I will let you all know.

I drank coconut water regulary for a few weeks last year but there was no change in my eyes.

I will also ask if they used an ointment or taped my eyes shut during the procedure.

Unfortunately the positive effects have gone now, but I loved that day after.

Comment

Working...
              X