My Dry Eye Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dry Eye Story

I was diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea 3 years ago. It started with severe pain, burning and light sensitivity. My first visit to my eye Doctor indicated I had an erosion on my cornea which was treated with erythromycin ointment and eye drops. I am not sure which ones I used first but I finally ended up this past year with Bion Tears. I also take Doxycycline. I work at a computer all day and am exposed to dry air heat. Some days it is that bad I have to wear my sunglasses to work at the computer because of the light sensitivity. I am so glad to have access to this site, I have been searching for one for some time. I actually went almost 2 months without a major painful event. But low and behold I started with severe pain 5 days ago and am not comfortable yet. My eyes burn that bad I have to close them. I actually had no relief in the last 5 days from closing my eyes. I had more pain closing them.. I have been tested for Sjogren's and that was negative. I am anxious to read about research and clinical trials. Thanks again for letting me participate. Annie

Originally posted by Annie
    I was diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea 3 years ago. It started with severe pain, burning and light sensitivity. My first visit to my eye Doctor indicated I had an erosion on my cornea which was treated with erythromycin ointment and eye drops. I am not sure which ones I used first but I finally ended up this past year with Bion Tears. I also take Doxycycline. I work at a computer all day and am exposed to dry air heat. Some days it is that bad I have to wear my sunglasses to work at the computer because of the light sensitivity. I am so glad to have access to this site, I have been searching for one for some time. I actually went almost 2 months without a major painful event. But low and behold I started with severe pain 5 days ago and am not comfortable yet. My eyes burn that bad I have to close them. I actually had no relief in the last 5 days from closing my eyes. I had more pain closing them.. I have been tested for Sjogren's and that was negative. I am anxious to read about research and clinical trials. Thanks again for letting me participate. Annie
    Hi Annie

Interesting story. Like most of us dry eyes sufferers I guess I got somewhat the same complaints. I asked my doc about Ocular Rosacea, but she said that ít could be that, but she hadn't seen any strong proof of it. We talked about a dermatolog (skinn-doc?), but well the topic just never came up again.
    On which basis were you diagnosed with the ocular rosacea?

Greetings

Comment

Working...
    X