Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, I just posted in detail on another thread. You may find the post interesting. The post is: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...7996#post67996

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
      I don't want to give any false hope to anyone (because maybe it doesn't work), but maybe talk with your doctor and see if you can get azithromycin? (doesn't have to be a long cure I think, max 10 day or so). At least do I feel that it has helped me a lot.
      The fact that azithromycin is working for you means there is bacterial infection which directly points out to the immune system. Has to be related to the gut.
      Pritesh.

Comment

Nvm, back to square one now, lol.

The antibiotic really helped me and my eyes a lot, I felt so good but now I'm back again, sigh.

You're most likely right pritzzy. Does anyone have a solution?

Sorry for the late answer, big good luck to everyone out there!

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrey
          I don't want to give any false hope to anyone (because maybe it doesn't work), but maybe talk with your doctor and see if you can get azithromycin? (doesn't have to be a long cure I think, max 10 day or so). At least do I feel that it has helped me a lot.
          The fact that azithromycin is working for you means there is bacterial infection which directly points out to the immune system. Has to be related to the gut.
          Pritesh.

This "azithromycin" is harmful for liver

visit

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...1919#post71919

read all sub links
          Raw eating cures all deceases.
          whole body cure is eye cure
          FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Really? I just got it prescribed today and was super excited about it, sigh!

What am I supposted to do then?! I got occular rosacea and I need some kind of treatment!! Drops do absolutely nothing to me, only making it worse!

Getting really tired of this. When you finally find something that would probably work, that's dangerous too...

Just die Roche

Comment

So, have any of you had any benefits from taking antioxidants (Lutein and zeaxanthin) for the liver???

Comment

Interesting - I did use Accutane for a few months when I was 25. I had dry eyes before that and the doctor didn't mention anything about it affecting my eyes - what a bugger. When I was 26 a friend of mine noticed my eye lids where always thick. I am thinking that the Accutane most likely contributed to the dry eyes I already had. Also wearing contacts and using contact solution I'm sure made a huge contribution. So - genetics (my Mom has it-not as bad as I do but she has it); contacts, solution, Accutane - seems like I had the "perfect storm". By the way - regarding the Acne - it didn't go away with the Accutane - but I stopped drinking sodas (also a recommendation from a friend) Voila - the Acne went away. If I drink anything carbonated - the next day I would get a pimple.
                Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                  I still got dry eyes 6 months after my accutane cure that I was on for 8 months. I'm wondering to all of you who got dry eyes after accutane, are you dry somewhere else or is it just the eyes?
                  Hi Andrey,

I found that my hips were different after Accutane (i.e. more prone to inflammation after running, skating, snowboarding, etc.). It's been like that for 12 years now, but not that big of a deal. I manage.

Regarding my eyes, I just wanted to share a success story, which hopefully will encourage others to take action sooner rather than later. Long story short, I have punctal plugs in my lower two tear ducts and I LOVE them. I would encourage everyone with dry eyes to try it. The question shouldn't be, "are my eyes bad enough to warrant punctal plugs?" but rather, "why not try punctal plugs?". Honestly, you have nothing to lose, besides just a little money. I can hardly feel mine in there anymore, except when I move my eyes to the extreme left or right, but it's funny how my body has now learned not to do that because of the slight irritation. Bottom line is, the plugs worked awesome! I've had them in there for around five years now and they're still working perfectly!

Secondly, I just started taking Restasis for inflammation-induced dry eyes. For me, it's not the tear quantity, but rather the quality of the tears that's lacking. After using Restasis for only a month, I've already noticed a difference. In fact, I actually noticed a difference within the first week! The first thing I noticed was that my vision was much clearer. My ophthalmologist said my blurry vision was entirely caused by dry eye, by the way, and he was right! The second thing I noticed was that my eyes didn't get as "tired" at the end of a workday (I'm a financial analyst so I stare at spreadsheets all day). It definitely feels like the quality of my tears has already improved. I also don't get nearly as much discharge building up at the inner corner of my eye, which I think is a sign of healthier tear film. Finally, my eyes are noticeably whiter (except right after putting the drops in, because it does sting for a few minutes), which is a great side effect.

I hope people may read this and decide to take action--to try punctal plugs and Restasis. You may just love them as much as I do! It's been a long, frustrating journey for me and my Accutane-induced dry eyes, but I really think I see the end in sight. My eyes are much, much better than they were before I first tried punctal plugs. And after a few more months on Restasis, I think they'll be even better!

All the best. Good luck everyone!
                  Sean

Comment

Working...
                  X