This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jrcgray,

I have not tried the inserts yet. Currently my regiment is Restasis twice daily, blink preservative fee every four hours or less, warm compress (with rice baggy) for 7 minutes then eyelid scrub with ocusoft. And I wear prescription moisture chamber goggles as much as I can.

If you have not tried the goggles get the cheap onion goggles and where them for an hour or so and see if it helps. I would say so far the goggles have had the biggest impact as well as keeping stress low as hopeful mentions, which can be hard to do.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

Hopeful2 ... Sorry to hear about your rough day(s). Car rides are almost always a problem. I just got my Rx goggles and they seem to really help. Car rides to events, like a sporting event is even rougher, so I know exactly what you mean. I try the belly breathing from time to time and sometimes it helps me relax. And sometimes I just simply close my eyes.

By the way I bought a used electric piano today. I don't know how to play. But I am going to turn this negative experience into a positive one and give it a shot. Since TV and reading is rough and music is soothing I thought it was worthy shot!

Cheers,
      Tom

Comment

Cool video. Music can definitely helped. Posted on another thread about playing the guitar, 6 months ago I was average at best. Since my whole LASIK fiasco I would now say I am pretty god damn good, even if I do say so myself!

Comment

Tommyboy My dad wan't around much growing up but if he was and eye problems and a pair of oinion goggles I woundln't care. Kids don't see us iike adults do. As for your wife there are far more imortant things to us than goggles such as being taken care of:flowers, spontanous I love you email, chocolette, doing a load of laundry. Society has a way of showing a mans role that isn't completely true. My husband picked up my puke all over the bathroom floor laid next to me told me he loved me if I needed anything and he would help. I havent read this whole thread so I could be going off but when you have kids and a family what matters is being there. You could be missing two arms and most wife and kids wouldn't care. That said I am depressed about my life and career but there is some truth about family.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyboy View Post
            Jrcgray,

I have not tried the inserts yet. Currently my regiment is Restasis twice daily, blink preservative fee every four hours or less, warm compress (with rice baggy) for 7 minutes then eyelid scrub with ocusoft. And I wear prescription moisture chamber goggles as much as I can.

If you have not tried the goggles get the cheap onion goggles and where them for an hour or so and see if it helps. I would say so far the goggles have had the biggest impact as well as keeping stress low as hopeful mentions, which can be hard to do.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
            Tom
            I am interested in why no one is willing to try the Lacriserts? I will tell you that they are really helpful. There are some "tricks" but overall, they almost always help. Think about it. A freeze dried artificial tear that dissolves overnight. I recommend my patients put them in before bed. That way they get some help overnight and feel better in the morning. The "trick" I refer to is that I suggest my patients cut them in half because they are too big and turn into a nasty blob. The company cannot recommend that because they are FDA approved the way they are. I am sure some of you cut pills in half and use a smaller dose of something.

Comment

Originally posted by eyemech View Post
              I am interested in why no one is willing to try the Lacriserts? I will tell you that they are really helpful. There are some "tricks" but overall, they almost always help. Think about it. A freeze dried artificial tear that dissolves overnight. I recommend my patients put them in before bed. That way they get some help overnight and feel better in the morning. The "trick" I refer to is that I suggest my patients cut them in half because they are too big and turn into a nasty blob. The company cannot recommend that because they are FDA approved the way they are. I am sure some of you cut pills in half and use a smaller dose of something.
              Where do you buy them? Has anyone had any bad experience with Lacriserts? Eyemech, come to Sweden and help me

Comment

Originally posted by eyemech View Post
                I am interested in why no one is willing to try the Lacriserts? I will tell you that they are really helpful. There are some "tricks" but overall, they almost always help. Think about it. A freeze dried artificial tear that dissolves overnight. I recommend my patients put them in before bed.
                My understanding is that you still need some tear production to get the Lacriserts to dissolve. I used them for a while, and they would help the most on "good" eye days when both eyes were making some tears... During waking hours, I could use a runny PF artificial tear like Bion tears to help them dissolve.

I tried wearing them overnight on more than one occasion and it was one of the worst, most uncomfortable outcomes I've had. I woke up with the things not dissolved at all, and this massive lump sitting there on my eyeball... my whole eye felt horribly gummy, and was red. Maybe they work best overnight for people who make more tears than I do...

Also, they are rather expensive... over here they cost about $200 per box. Not everyone is willing to spend $200 on a product that has such mixed reviews...
                Last edited by SAAG; 18-Apr-2012, 21:33.

Comment

Working...
                X