How Dry Eyes Have Affected My Life In A Nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Dry Eyes Have Affected My Life In A Nutshell

[nutshell]People find it to be an all-too-convenient excuse for me to not go somewhere, or to not drive.[/nutshell]

Hi Adamlau

Why do you think they use that as an excuse?
    And who does that?

Comment

Adamlau

Hello I just wanted to let you know I know exactly how you feel. You might see my posts here, I've been suffereing with eye trouble for 4 years now. I have severe dry eye, MGD and Lattice Degeneration. I suffer more from these mucus strings in my eyes all the time, in which I never want to go anywhere because it's a freakin hassel!!! I have to carry a small mirror and tissue where ever I go which makes soical gatherings uncomfortable, especially when someone is talking to you and you are too embarassed to pull out a mirror and tissue so you excuse yourself to the restroom.

Friends and family don't understand the bother and hassel it causes and when you refuse to go somewhere they think you are making excuses just to not be "social" but I am very social and out going. It's just that I don't go as many places as I use to and I usually decline parties and lately friends think I am being a hermit. I just wanted to let you know your not alone, this site has done wonders for me as I know that I am not alone and recently have found 2 others that suffer with mucus strings like I do and I always felt I was the only one. I hope you find some relief and if you ever need to vent this site is the place to do it. Welcome Delilah

Comment

The same...
        I don't know how to do if girl interested on me...
        I would change to a dry eye monster at night...

Comment

Originally posted by Delilah View Post
          Hello I just wanted to let you know I know exactly how you feel. You might see my posts here, I've been suffereing with eye trouble for 4 years now. I have severe dry eye, MGD and Lattice Degeneration. I suffer more from these mucus strings in my eyes all the time, in which I never want to go anywhere because it's a freakin hassel!!! I have to carry a small mirror and tissue where ever I go which makes soical gatherings uncomfortable, especially when someone is talking to you and you are too embarassed to pull out a mirror and tissue so you excuse yourself to the restroom.

Friends and family don't understand the bother and hassel it causes and when you refuse to go somewhere they think you are making excuses just to not be "social" but I am very social and out going. It's just that I don't go as many places as I use to and I usually decline parties and lately friends think I am being a hermit. I just wanted to let you know your not alone, this site has done wonders for me as I know that I am not alone and recently have found 2 others that suffer with mucus strings like I do and I always felt I was the only one. I hope you find some relief and if you ever need to vent this site is the place to do it. Welcome Delilah
          I am a guy, I am super embarassed to pull out a mirror when there's people, haha! I am also embarassed to buy a mirror...:<

Many time I don't feel my eye is very dry or burning, but when I meet a mirror, I know how terrible I am before...many many time...And now I wear sunglass outside home even for indoor, like a blind man.

Delilah, how are you now? Do you go out with friends or family at "night"?

Comment

Working...
          X