X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep and sunbathing are my reliefs

Hey y'all

It all started when i was 10, i can't really remember how, tho i developed lots of blood vessels in my left eye. They became filled with blood each morning, giving that burning feeling, 1 hour after I've gotten up and stay red for about 2 hrs.. this has occurred each day since, I'm now 22.

about 10 months ago my eyes have gotten much worse, a lot more dry. It started because of overuse of the computer, now i can't manage more than 1-2 hrs a day in front of the screen. i developed more permanent vessels, and now also in my right eye.

4 months ago i was diagnosed with blepharitis, the doc looked at my eye for 30 sec, gave me a cleaning rutine and that was it.

My symptoms are crust in the eyelashes, and red burning eyes.

I've tried drops,fish/flaxseed oils, ricebag, and babyshampoo, none worked.

The only thing that really works for me is sleeping very long, like 10hrs+, tho its hard to keep up with that while working.. and the other thing is sunbathing, 30 mins of sunbathing, and all the blood in the bloodvessels are gone, and the eyes feel much better, dunno what about it that makes it so effective, can't be the heat since then the rice bag would give the same results..

thats all I've got, any tips or thoughts? I'm starting to loose hope..
    /Marcus

I don't think it would help that quickly but sunbathing stimulates Vitamin D3. Being that far north you might be deficient in d3.

kevino

Comment

tja gamer

du blir inte sämre i ögonen när du använder ögondroppar? blir de även röda vid fysisk aktivitet? av alkohol? stark mat? av att duscha? känner igen mycket av det där att de enda som hjälper är en jävla massa sömn, men sen så räcker det tex med en dusch och så är ögonen helt rubbade igen. Helt ärligt, jag undrar om något av omega3 osv hjälper ett dugg.. Jag var sjukt torr i ögonen förut jag med så jag vet hur jävla jobbigt det är, men som tur var så klingade det av och nu upplever jag endast rödheten ibland. Nu vet jag inte om detta kommer att hjälpa dig, men det som verkligen har gjort skillnad för mig är Oracea 40mg, antibiotika kapslar som man kan äta hur länge man vill. De säger att dosen är så pass liten så det ska inte vara någon fara. Sen kan du ju även handla någon allround vitamin/tillskott så du får i dig allt som behövs. Laters!

Also, take d-vitamin like kevino said

Comment

hey!

thanks kevino... ill try eating more vitamin d.
        andrey: (håller mig till engelska om någon annan skulle vilja kommentera) The drops I've tried haven't done any improvement, might even think they've done things worse, so I'm currently not using any... none of the situations you described really irritates my eyes.. well sometimes physical activity and alcohol, most times, the day after is just wasted because of the irritation in my eyes when drinking, so started drinking a lot less.
        I work in a mall, and its starting to get unbearable..
        Mainly i think my problems revolves around sleep, theres something about it... i need to sleep 8 hrs+ otherwise I'm screwed.. i can't take a nap for 1 hr, if i do my eyes
        are like bleeding, maybe my eye's aren't really sealed during sleep.. but it my mind, that would mean the longer i sleep, the worse my eye gets...

anyways thanks for the replies!
        cheers!

Comment

Coconut oil?

Yesterday I sat in the sun longer than was smart. Especially since I live at 8000ft in the desert. But I was listening to NPR's Car Talk and lost track of the time. This morning I've got a sunburn. I was wearing glasses while in the sun and I think the lenses acted as a maganifyer since my eyelids seem the worst burned. This morning I rubbed my face and eyelids with coconut oil, the same stuff I use for cooking. At room temps it's a solid but above 70 degrees it's a liquid. After half an hour I took a shower and my face feels much less irritated. But most germane to this discussion is my eyes felt normal even with the oil getting into my eyes. I wonder if the sun's heat acted like a hot pack on my burnt eyelids, softening the meibomian secretions. Perhaps this might explain Marcus' phenomenon. If so, perhaps try massaging coconut oil into the lids after a sunbath?

kevino

Comment

if you are sensitive for light you should get a sleep mask too, its really niice

Comment

Originally posted by kevino View Post
              Yesterday I sat in the sun longer than was smart. Especially since I live at 8000ft in the desert. But I was listening to NPR's Car Talk and lost track of the time. This morning I've got a sunburn. I was wearing glasses while in the sun and I think the lenses acted as a maganifyer since my eyelids seem the worst burned. This morning I rubbed my face and eyelids with coconut oil, the same stuff I use for cooking. At room temps it's a solid but above 70 degrees it's a liquid. After half an hour I took a shower and my face feels much less irritated. But most germane to this discussion is my eyes felt normal even with the oil getting into my eyes. I wonder if the sun's heat acted like a hot pack on my burnt eyelids, softening the meibomian secretions. Perhaps this might explain Marcus' phenomenon. If so, perhaps try massaging coconut oil into the lids after a sunbath?

kevino
              My eyes always feel normal after i get sunburned. But this happens when im sick or anything else is wrong with me- my eyes feel normal. So you probably got relief because your immune system stopped sending the inflammation to your eyes because it is concentrating on repairing the sun burn. I have been months before with normal feeling eye due to tonsilitis. Soon as the tonsilitis clears up, eyes are awful again.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I tried coconut oil one or two days and it stings, even not putting it directly in the eyes. I quit it.

About sun. I use to feel some relief staring at the sun either. Don't ask me why.

Comment

Different brands, I imagine. I get it at the grocery store in the cooking oils section. It comes in a wide-mouth white jar. It looks like lard. It melts in my hand and there's no pain on my skin or in my eyes. It seems to speed up the sunburn healing..

kevino

Comment

Originally posted by kevino View Post
                    Different brands, I imagine. I get it at the grocery store in the cooking oils section. It comes in a wide-mouth white jar. It looks like lard. It melts in my hand and there's no pain on my skin or in my eyes. It seems to speed up the sunburn healing..

kevino
                    hmmm I think it is more likely to be the case of different eyes

The brand i used was virgin coconut oil from Filipinas.

Comment

Working...
                    X