Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for SAAG: I believe you have stated before that you wear the wiley airrage model glasses/goggles. Is that the model you would recommend as i need to get some good dry eye glasses. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
      Question for SAAG: I believe you have stated before that you wear the wiley airrage model glasses/goggles. Is that the model you would recommend as i need to get some good dry eye glasses. Thanks in advance
      I have a small narrow face, so the AirRage model of Wiley's fits me really well. Your mileage may vary of course

If they fit you well, they can be unbelievably helpful - honestly, I can even go on a speeding boat with them (although I admit I have to squint to protect my eyes in addition to the Wiley's in THAT scenario haha... but without the Wiley's, I wouldn't be able to go on a speeding boat at all, so it's all good!)

Comment

thank you SAAG! Appreciate your advice and Happy Holidays

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

If they fit you well, they can be unbelievably helpful - honestly, I can even go on a speeding boat with them (although I admit I have to squint to protect my eyes in addition to the Wiley's in THAT scenario haha... but without the Wiley's, I wouldn't be able to go on a speeding boat at all, so it's all good!)
          Ditto for me. My first time I took a water taxi I went with my eyes closed for the 20 min ride. The second time with my goggles my eyes were open all the way! I also am able to drive in my convertible as long as the side windows are up and I have my baseball cap on to block the air from above. I use the Wiley Brick but also have a pair of Air Rage. My husband can wear the Air Rages as well and he does not have a thin face. Honestly I cannot live without them. They are pretty much on my face all day long.

What I did was contact Safevision and they sent me about 6 pairs of frames which I paid for with Visa. I tried them all on and returned them for a credit and then ordered the glasses with my prescription in. Make sure though that you get the original foam gasket not the newer ones as I believe they went to a narrower gasket that would not work for most dry eye....F/G

Comment

Question for SAAG and farmgirl: I just got my wiley airrage sunglasses and so far really like the fit and lightness. They seem to be helping keep my eyes more comfortable and have a good fit and i appreciate your recommendations. Was wondering what you use for your dark lens for outside and/or computer-tv watching? I currently have the clear lenses and the polarized silver dark lenses right now. Thanks in advance and for LDP87SC i hope you find relief and feel better soon.

Comment

I empathize: I'm in graduate school and my dry eyes struck right as I was starting my dissertation research and writing. All of my work is in front of a PC. I stopped working for nearly two months (completely) after my symptoms hit last year. I don't have my dry eye problems sorted out but I am pushing through my dissertation. I've found that humidity works tremendously well -- better than anything else I've tried. I try to work from home as much as possible and keep the humidity @ 50-65%. I'm not as productive as I used to be but I'm still fairly productive. Best of luck.

Comment

Do any of you fellow young dry eye sufferers feel like you shouldn’t have a family anymore?

Yes, I do feel like this sometimes (I'm a male). I often feel tremendously guilty and bad for my wife. Sometimes I wish she found a fully healthy guy. I know if she was sick, I'd hate for her to feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm25 View Post
                  Do any of you fellow young dry eye sufferers feel like you shouldn’t have a family anymore?

Yes, I do feel like this sometimes (I'm a male). I often feel tremendously guilty and bad for my wife. Sometimes I wish she found a fully healthy guy. I know if she was sick, I'd hate for her to feel that way.
                  i feel like this sometimes also, though not married yet - which in some sense makes it worse. horrible tangential effect...

Comment

I completely empathise, I'm 27 and I have dry and pinguecula and right now I don't feel like I could cope with having a family, even if I did find a guy who would look past my horrible pings! My confidence is at all time low. Right now I am battling with the physical and emotional/mental effects of dry eye and am hoping things get better. Sometimes I think back to when I had no eye problems and get terribly sad, especially when I look at old photos. Feel like giving up sometimes but know ive got to fight this horrible syndrome head on!
                    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Hi all. I to, can totally relate to trying to deal with the multitude of issues and frustrations associated with chronic dry eye, as I was a Quality Systems Facilitator before I was dealt with a acute leukemia diagnosis in 2002, followed by Ocular GVHD, in late 2003. I am 51 and now getting so frustrated with not getting my former career back, that I am now involved with developing a unique extended relief dry eye product. I have a business partner to help me with this project, since I can not spend more than a few hours a day on the computer etc.. My social life is okay for a few hours a week, yet I'm constantly applying drops in public. My outdoor activities are limited to 1-2 hours/day with my Wiley's on and sweat in my eyes actually relieves my eyes, albeit temporarily as the burning/stinging is always there. My love life has been on and off with this condition, and the ones who truly understand will stick by you I have had to accept this condition for what it is, and am glad there are others who know what I am dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                      X