X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody from India? Need Help!

Hello everyone, I'm Mohit,
    I got dry eye syndrome last year due to led monitor, life has been harsh in the past year.

In the summers i couldn't use eye drops as it started irritation in the back of the eye, i was a fool to do this, i continued without drops, without anything, using computer and everything.

Watching TV one day, pain shot in one eye, started using eye drops then and the weather was also going cold, that time of the year, so eye drops didn't cause problem like earlier, but eye went bad, now it will start hurting if i looked at brightness, even for short periods of time. Cannot watch TV anymore.

So i continued using eye drops, until a month ago those eye drops(IT IS sodium carboxymethylcellulose salt) gave me red rash/inflamation in the eyes with irritation. Went to a new doctor, he told me to use one with HYPROmellose(hpmc) salt, but it didn't suit me. I knew about Hypromellose earlier, anyway.

So, went to doctor again now he prescribed me Systane Ultra, but its not exactly cheap and i do not earn, i'm a student, a bad one now, dry eyes+animation degree= not good

He knew its not cheap, he told me to use one bottle and then when the problem is fixed, continue with earlier one(carboxymethycellulose), but i realized thats not gonna work.

So what i did is try to use less Systane as it is expensive and at night use the one i was prescribed for inflammation(Biflace, salt - Flurometholone Acetate ) because if i slept with systane, in the morning the rash will really increase.

Looking at this forum i realize, there are lot of options available but not in India, when i go to chemists, i look a a lot, there are only 2 salts available, hypromellose and carboxymethylcellulose (many brands selling those 2 salts, with high and less dosage)& systane is not available everywhere as its expensive.

Duct plugs and stuff like those are not available here, i also looked a bit for those glasses which will cover whole eye and create vaccum, no luck.

Also today 2 drops of Systane today(one in each eye) gave me bad rash, increased reddishness, so i'm thinking, its gotten like old, been 10 days since i opened the bottle, am i thinking right? bad stuff have to buy new

I've tried warm compress, gave me aches in the area above eye and below eyebrows.

So if anybody from India can help maybe? other intelligent people of the world help is welcome, i would like to know of an alternative which i can put in eye at night because i think using Inflammation medicine every night, not a good idea.
    Also any other advice is welcome, please.

I think my english is good, but writing this post i realize how bad it is, so excuse that.

You could always try ordering eye drops online. This website http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk has a good range of eye drops.

Comment

did you try warm compress?? i was in the same situation as you... student who using the computer all the time. When i used eye drops, then it would only help for just a while after a while it would start to hurt a lot!, but when i started warm compresses. It made my situation a lot better, after a month i am at the point that i can use the computer without any problems all day, my only problem is outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by bdejong26 View Post
        did you try warm compress?? i was in the same situation as you... student who using the computer all the time. When i used eye drops, then it would only help for just a while after a while it would start to hurt a lot!, but when i started warm compresses. It made my situation a lot better, after a month i am at the point that i can use the computer without any problems all day, my only problem is outdoors.
        explain the right way to do it please?

@robster, only shipping would cost me 3 times of what i think is the cost of expensive eye drop.

Comment

I saw few videos on youtube, one thing i dont understand, if the whole dry eye problem is due to gland blockage, then doing warm compress 2-3 times would open the blockage and dry eyes would be cured forever, but obviously that does not happen, so how does it work?

Also, how long to do, how many times a day and after how many days, will i see results? I'm just scared with the warm thing, no doctor never recommended me warm water, all they say is use cold water to rinse.

Comment

I do it once a day. This is the regime i currently use:

After waking up do a 10 minute warm compress i use these http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2006/11.../thermoGog.jpg (i use four of these blue things at the same time for the best result)
            After that i clean my eyes using baby shampoo.
            Then i do a eye massage.
            at night before going to sleep i use vita-pos

why we have to do this over and over again is a good question which i don't know the answer to.

I saw results after week of using this regime, at least for computer use.

Comment

I am from India

Originally posted by Mohit View Post
              Hello everyone, I'm Mohit,
              I think my english is good, but writing this post i realize how bad it is, so excuse that.
              Anybody from India? Need Help!

Please read this link throughly

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...8014#post78014
              Raw eating cures all deceases.
              whole body cure is eye cure
              FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Those things i'll not get, will have to try with a cloth.

If i am able to do work of high concentration on computer, i will be able to study again, would be a miracle.

So have you quit on any types of lubricating drops during daytime/computer?

Is there any remedy you know for bright screen viewing causing headache? or is it just me.

I know i'm bothering you a lot.

Comment

previously i would use a lot of drops, but that would work for only a while, and would stop being effective after a while.
                  Currently i don't use any drops anymore, i don't need them anymore. I hope the headache also will go away but i cant say anything on that because i haven't had that problem.

Comment

Ok,
                    just talked to some agent, will get vita-pos next week, its not in the market here yet but the german company has arrived.

Just curious what caused your dry eyes?

Comment

I think it started when i was on accutane (twelve years ago), thats a drug against acne.

Comment

Ok,
                        I was thinking, have you ever seen the eyes of people on computer or watching tv, they are totally wet/moist, eye naturally produces more tears when continuously looking at bright things, but not in our case.

What my point is, if you can watch tv or computer on normal brightness, i don't see why you face any problem outside? (except direct sunlight falling in your eyes, discovered that last month, really bad)

Comment

mohit, i got dry eye because my led monitor was too bright and long usage of it got me dry eye. Listen, you need to stop going on computer or tv for a long time (3 months atleast) and eat fish and drink milk. I also cant go back to school because of dry eye and cant work on my blog too. The pain is awful, I would suggest you to start a recovery if you cant manage your eyes anymore.Another thing, if you ever heal, buy a lcd filter for you screen as this is one of the main shield for not having dry eyes as it protects against brightness. High Brightness IS NOT good.

Comment

Working...
                          X