X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

functional medicine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeq6x...ture=endscreen
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sazy, those are both great links. Thanks for posting them! I've been on a modified diet for three months. I think it takes awhile to work, and not sure about the dry eyes, but if it is a digestive tract issue, I've read it takes six months to a year to improve the situation. I do think it is all linked, and certainly gut problems can cause inflammation. A probiotic ad mentioned that 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract. If the ad is true, that is real food for thought.

Wondering how you are doing Ronnie?

Comment

Hey, so I'm about 3 months into using the DMSA (2 days of 50mg 5x daily, then 5 days of taking multi vitamins 2x daily) and I can't believe how much better I am feeling! My chronic joint pain and chronic fatigue has disappeared and my eye pain has significantly diminished. My eyes are feeling much better and are looking a lot whiter. I am receiving comments from friends, colleagues and acquaintances such as the girl who cuts my hair about how much better my eyes are looking.

I've been told that the total duration of taking the DMSA will range between 6-24 months. I am shocked at how much the quality of my life has improved and will keep taking the DMSA and provide random updates.

Comment

Delighted to hear this! Good news. Thanks for catching us up.

Comment

hey Ronnie,
            Im glad to hear things are improving.i really hope this is not just coincidence as i know you have been through a lot over the last 15 or so years cos of your eyes.
            Keep us updated
            Best of luck
            A

Originally posted by RonnieD View Post
            Hey, so I'm about 3 months into using the DMSA (2 days of 50mg 5x daily, then 5 days of taking multi vitamins 2x daily) and I can't believe how much better I am feeling! My chronic joint pain and chronic fatigue has disappeared and my eye pain has significantly diminished. My eyes are feeling much better and are looking a lot whiter. I am receiving comments from friends, colleagues and acquaintances such as the girl who cuts my hair about how much better my eyes are looking.

I've been told that the total duration of taking the DMSA will range between 6-24 months. I am shocked at how much the quality of my life has improved and will keep taking the DMSA and provide random updates.

Comment

Great news Ronnie. Congratulations.

I think there are more cases of some kind of intoxication on this board that we would expect. I'm having chronic fatigue either, and I'm in a detox diet. My eyes are slowly improving (I hope they keep improving).

Comment

Hey, it's been a month since I last posted so I thought I would provide another update. I keep taking the DMSA and keep feeling better. I had lunch with a long time pal today who interrupted me and said "Dude, why aren't your eyes red?"

Since starting the DMSA, my chronic joint pain and fatigue has disappeared. I am feeling so much better that I am able to go to the gym 4x a week to lift weights for an hour per session. The weightlifting heightens my appetite which poses a problem for my eyes as a lot of foods irritate my eyes within minutes of consumption (ranging from pork to cereal to raisins to refined sugars). I am eating a greater quantity of food, including foods that still irritates my eyes, but the irritation is significantly lower now, and lingers for a much shorter duration.

My eyes used to be extremely sensitive to contact with water (from the shower or washing my face) and I used to have severe anxiety but both issues have also disappeared with the DMSA.

My eyes still have irritation, and I still have progress to make, but since starting the DMSA 4 months ago, my eye pain has gradually diminished and I would estimate that the irritation has reduced by about 30-40%.

Comment

Glad you are doing much better.

Your posting really caught my attention as my eye problems started a couple of weeks after I received a booster vaccination for diptheria, tetanus and whooping cough (Dtap). I did not make the connection with my eyes until many months later. At first, a couple of weeks after the vaccination, I noticed an increase in floaters then my eyes felt dry. The next thing, about 4 weeks later, was a feeling in my left eye that it was bulging and that something was sticking into it in the lower left corner. At the time, I thought it was my thyroid level being too high. Later I learned that my thyroid level was not high at all.

I have just started trying to detox naturally with cilantro and garlic. Have been doing it for one week. Am supposed to do it for two more weeks.

I now have a bad case of blepharitis/meibomitis and dry eyes. Have seen improvement by taking doxycycline.

I wonder if anyone else has had dry eyes after receiving a vaccination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope4Johni View Post
                    Your posting really caught my attention as my eye problems started a couple of weeks after I received a booster vaccination for diptheria, tetanus and whooping cough (Dtap).
                    I thought that in the US DtaP didn't contain mercury/thimerisol anymore.

Comment

Hey, it's been a month since I last posted so I thought I would provide another update. I keep taking the DMSA and keep feeling better. I had lunch with a long time pal today who interrupted me and said "Dude, why aren't your eyes red?"

Since starting the DMSA, my chronic joint pain and fatigue has disappeared. I am feeling so much better that I am able to go to the gym 4x a week to lift weights for an hour per session. The weightlifting heightens my appetite which poses a problem for my eyes as a lot of foods irritate my eyes within minutes of consumption (ranging from pork to cereal to raisins to refined sugars). I am eating a greater quantity of food, including foods that still irritates my eyes, but the irritation is significantly lower now, and lingers for a much shorter duration.

My eyes used to be extremely sensitive to contact with water (from the shower or washing my face) and I used to have severe anxiety but both issues have also disappeared with the DMSA.

My eyes still have irritation, and I still have progress to make, but since starting the DMSA 4 months ago, my eye pain has gradually diminished and I would estimate that the irritation has reduced by about 30-40%.
                      Thanks for the updating Ronnie.

About pork, I saw one doctor saying it is the "food" that should be firstly avoided by people with autoimmune diseases or such systemic problems. Pork meat is very similar to human meat, then human immune system gets easly confused when people eat pork.

Comment

Hey, it's been nearly 5 months since I've posted so here's an update on my status.

I've been taking DMSA now for 8 months and have seen a huge improvement in my body. My eyes are better but not nearly to the same extent as my body so I conducted more research and found a mercury chelation protocol developed by Princeton-educated Dr. Andrew Cutler. DMSA is successful at removing mercury from the body but does not cross the blood-brain barrier. After taking DMSA for six months, he recommends taking a chelating agent like DMSA with Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), which does cross the blood-brain barrier. The intent is to take a chelating agent like DMSA for an extended period first so that once ALA is taken with DMSA, the combination does not take mercury from the body into the brain but rather can focus on chelating mercury from the brain/eyes. I started taking ALA this week so hopefully I will see improvement over the coming months.

I feel like I'm on the right path with DMSA because my eye pain started immediately, simultaneously with other problems, many of which have improved substantially since starting DMSA 8 months ago. My chronic sweating has stopped, my body does not get fatigued after eating healthy food, I have more energy and my joint pain is gone. The next hope is to see more material improvement with my eyes.

Comment

Thank you for the update Ronnie, and happy to hear you are feeling better. Fingers crossed for your eyes!

Comment

Hey, here's an update on my status. I am now following mercury chelation as per the Cutler protocol, which I discovered a few months ago. I am on week 10 of taking both DMSA (50mg, every 3-4 hours, including during the night, 3x weekly) and ALA (100 mg at the same time as the DMSA). I knew introducing ALA to DMSA would make the program hard. The first 8 weeks were bad. My brain fog was intense and my eyes were painful. I didn't go out on weekends because I felt so lousy. I suspect that the dosage consumed was too high to start off with. However, for the past two weeks, my brain congestion has subsided, my voice has become less hoarse, I can breathe out of both nostrils simultaneously (extremely rare for me) and my eyes are feeling better.

The ALA/DMSA combo was so tough at first that I nearly stopped it but I am glad I persevered and intend to stay on it for at least the next 6-9 months. I expect bad periods along the way, but also that the general trend will be positive. I will try and wait a few months until posting again.

Comment

RonnieD,
                              Please do be careful as chelation can be very hard on the meibomian glands. You secrete whatever you release into your eyes via your meibomian glands. When I was on chelation (a DMSA suppository) I ended up with the worst case of saponification imaginable. My tears became very frothy. It was like having dish soap poured into the eyes 100% of the time. Just awful. Keeping them opened or keeping them closed, it was terrible. It has taken something like 9 months to subside and I have vowed that I will never go on chelation again no matter who suggests it.

But if it is helping you that is great. Just proceed with caution.

Comment

NotADryEye, thanks for your suggestion. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. According to the Cutler protocol, a chelating IV should never be taken because it redistributes mercury into the most vulnerable parts of the body and makes symptoms worse. The strategy for proper chelation is a long, slow gradual removal.

Comment

Working...
                                X