Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all computer users. Please help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all computer users. Please help!

Sorry everyone, my message may look rush and abrupt because my eyes hurt most of the time. I have severe dry eyes for five years and I've been diligently using Restasis two times a day. I had good and bad days but I would say things are under control. Recently my dry eye flares up and it was out of control. This has been going on for months and I'm using Lotemax on and off to stop the inflammation. I am also using warm compresses, Refresh Celluvisc 5 -6 times a day, moisture chambers at work, humidifier and Refresh Lacrilube night time.

Please tell me what else I can do as this is driving me crazy. I'm using computer the whole day due to work and my eyes have five different sensations now, pain, very tired, redness, dryness, heaviness. In the last few weeks, I was also using Lotemax once a day for a week. It helped, I stopped and then things are back to square one. I'm back on Lotemax now. Can anyone tell me how long can you use Lotemax ( a month, a year??) and how many times a day? What other things can I do at this point as I think I may need to take short term disability?

Thank you!!!!

Hello my friend
    You use f.lux program for compouter.
    I am work computer and tablet very much and i understand.
    Also you can use castor oil and coconut oil or olive oil around your eyes
    You use warm compress and after wahs your lid with baby shampoo
    You can use goggles glass.
    You can use punctal plug

Comment

Hii, So maybe downloading a program that dims the light will help. Also remember to blink, use drops and take frequent breaks while using the computer. If your at home (cause I doubt you can do this at work) and want to use your computer, i saw a couple of suggestions up here to use a projector. Apparently, its easier on the eyes.

As for your question with lotemax I wouldn't use them for prolonged periods considering they are steroids and as you probably already know extended use can cause glaucoma, cartacts, etc. If you do, however, I highly recommend getting your pressures checked reguarly.

Here are some questions to think about that might help you treatment:

Is there something you did different that are causing your flare ups? Have you accidentally slacked off or changed you regimen? Allergies? Were you on the computer at work alot before your eyes flared up? If not, this is probably the culprit.

And yes, maybe taking a short time off would be wise so you can baby your eyes and get them to how they were pre-flare up.

Hang in there, you've got it under control once so you can do it AGAIN! X

Comment

Thank you ehsan. I have been using goggle glasses at work and I have upper and lower plugs in both eyes. I may try castor oil and coconut oil.
        DMGD, I think you were pointing me to the right direction. Yes, what caused my flare ups? The only thing I could think of was spending lots of time watching TV before my flare up.(I was very stressed a few months ago) I had some late nights too. My eyes were overworked and I forgot that my eyes could NOT overwork. I'm not planning to use Lotemax in the long run but right now I have no choice!

Thank you, both of you for your ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineinCalgary View Post
          Thank you ehsan. I have been using goggle glasses at work and I have upper and lower plugs in both eyes. I may try castor oil and coconut oil.
          DMGD, I think you were pointing me to the right direction. Yes, what caused my flare ups? The only thing I could think of was spending lots of time watching TV before my flare up.(I was very stressed a few months ago) I had some late nights too. My eyes were overworked and I forgot that my eyes could NOT overwork. I'm not planning to use Lotemax in the long run but right now I have no choice!

Thank you, both of you for your ideas!
          Youre welcome
          Use application filter* blue light* of screen.You can work much with this
          The simple application available for computer and smartphone and tablet.such as
          f.lux for compute
          Bluelight Filter for Eye Care for android
          And....

Comment

Thank you again. Will try f.lux.

Comment

Hi Sunshine,

perhaps the flare up was caused by medication? I haven't done my research as to what medication exactly causes eye dryness, but my ophthalmologist told me to avoid taking pain killers and other drugs as they induce dry eyes. I has a flare up a couple days before I took a few pills for period induced pain and migraine. As the meds built up in the system, I started developing severe eye dryness. The level of dryness was even worse than post op (I had Lasek PRK exactly 5 months ago) and lasted several days until my body got rid of the meds.
              Also what helps me is drinking plenty of water (seems obvious but it makes a difference), and I only use gel drops during the day and at night. Also blinking often is very yimportant too.

My two cents.

How are you doing?

Comment

I use the www.protectyourvision.org website. It gives you notifications that your eyes need a break. I sit above, so that I am looking a bit down at the computer so that my eyes are not wide open as they are when you look straight or up. I have a cue (clicking the mouse) for blinking. This is hard to do, but I manage it at least some of the time. This is my version of "blink training." At the lunch hour I do a warm compress and then go to the gym to exercise. This combination gives my eyes great relief. And if my eyes become painful, I leave the air conditioned office and work from home and keep the work hours to an absolute minimum.

Comment

Working...
                X