This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ths14 View Post
    Hi yes I have dry eyes from playing video games on computer 15 hours a day and im 15 years old lol you should try fish oil it really helps and im only on day 1 of using it http://www.barleans.com/swirls/fish-...r-16oz-be16fkl
    And how are you now? Did you managed to cure your eyes by only drinking/eating fish oil caps? Do you think that stopping using a computer for a few weeks may be a way to resolve our problem?

Comment

I doubt that fish oil is going to be the magic cure. For sure it is a good idea but most of us on this forum are already doing that as part of our regime but sadly it is more complicated than that.

Comment

Maybe you can hop in the shower and turn the water pressure up and the heat and put the showerhead directly to your eyelids for 5 minutes each eye do this for 2 weeks and if it works that means your meibomian glands were blocked

Comment

Originally posted by pythonidler View Post

FYI, Dr. Periman is one of the few doctors in the Pacific NW that does IPL. I almost went to her for a session, but her staff wasn't quite fully trained yet.
          --------------------------------------
          Hi pythonidler
          Do you know Dr Periman also suffers dry eye?
          Maybe that is why she is so passionate to share her knowledge with doctors/patients.
          I have read/watched some of her articles/viedos and really adore her.

As far as I know she never stops hunting for technologies (for example ILP) to help her MGD patients.
          The IPL is now fully operational with encouraging results! Check it out!

Last edited by MGD1701; 17-May-2017, 05:09.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post

--------------------------------------
            Hi pythonidler
            Do you know Dr Periman also suffers dry eye?
            Maybe that is why she is so passionate to share her knowledge with doctors/patients.
            I have read/watched some of her articles/viedos and really adore her.

As far as I know she never stops hunting for technologies (for example ILP) to help her MGD patients.
            The IPL is now fully operational with encouraging results! Check it out!

No, I didn't know that. I thought about going to her, but my current IPL doctor is good, for a fraction of the price.
            What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
            Dry Eye Survey
            IPL Doctors
            Probing Doctors

Comment

i wear tinted moister chamber glasses when i use the computer (there are tinted a warm orange) i also use a program i think called flux? (someone correct me if that is the wrong name) which tints the screen better for the eyes to focus on.
              People have recovered, so can we.
              www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

I put a blue-light protection clip-on when use computer which makes eyes comfortable.
                It is tinted, light orange color.

Meibomian Gland Loss and the danger of computers - by Dr Cremers (19.05.2017
                (children aged 7-16 lost ALL glands)
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R265A4IsNk
                Last edited by MGD1701; 29-May-2017, 05:08.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbee View Post
                  i wear tinted moister chamber glasses when i use the computer (there are tinted a warm orange) i also use a program i think called flux? (someone correct me if that is the wrong name) which tints the screen better for the eyes to focus on.
                  Yeah, me too. I got some moisture chamber goggles from SportRx, and they have an anti-reflective coating that is supposed to block against blue light.
                  What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
                  Dry Eye Survey
                  IPL Doctors
                  Probing Doctors

Comment

Before I began using Xiidra, computers were a nightmare. My eyes would burn and turn red after just a short time. Xiidra has been a miracle drug for me. I am telling everyone to at least try these drops and give them a few months to work. I don't have dry eye issues anymore. I had been suffering with DES for about 20 years.

Comment

Hi,

First of all, sorry to hear about your condition.

Second, computer screens can and do cause dry eyes, because people tend to blink less frequent while looking at the screen.

So, to keep the eyes moist, blinking enough and using eyedrops / lubricants can help.

An application that helps with blinking enough can be found here:
                      https://sites.google.com/view/visionprotect

Hope it helps and get well soon,

Peter

Comment

Computer screens and decreased blink rate were definitely a big factor for me in getting this problem. I also think i had Rosacea/Ocular Rosacea which went undiagnosed for a long time which has not helped. From speaking to my opthamologist he said that he is seeing more and more young people in his clinic with this problem and the root cause is screen use and not blinking properly. I think people are in general not really aware of the damage that looking at screens can do to your eyes - it pains me when I see young childern staring at phones and ipads!

Comment

I also suffer from dry eyes from spending too many hours on the computer. I have suffered for at least 5 years now with dry eyes and enlarged blood vessels in the sclera which badly affected my self esteem . I heard a vitamin A deficiency is a cause for dryness and that staring into artificial light depreciates the vitamin A in your body much quicker. So now I'm eating one 57 gram bag of organic kale chips every day. Kale is loaded with vitamin A. I'm also done with using eye drops to "hide" the symptoms. So this is my 10th day now and Ive noticed some improvement. My eyes aren't feeling super dry as they used to and my eyes also do not appear to be inflamed even though the blood vessels are still there. I feel like i got my life back just a little bit that i'm not afraid to make eye contact from a normal distance and I also don't find myself laying in bed for hours like a paralyzed person staring at the wall waiting for the effects of dry eye to wear off. Plus I installed f.lux on my computer which is a program that negates the blue light that is harmful for your eyes. I know how easy it is to vanish from this site after your problems are better, and I wish more people would take a moment to share what's working for them. so i came back to offer this advice. Good luck.

P.S please note it's still important to rest your eyes for as long as possible and getting sleep earlier.

Comment

I compiled a list of tips / software / apps from the forum / dry eye groups and put it up on Evernote if interested.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s539/...ccca48b4d019d4
                            Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixEyes View Post
                              I compiled a list of tips / software / apps from the forum / dry eye groups and put it up on Evernote if interested.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s539/...ccca48b4d019d4
                              Wow thank you PhoenixEyes that is very nice of you.

Comment

Originally posted by mecoker View Post
                                Xiidra has been a miracle drug for me. I am telling everyone to at least try these drops and give them a few months to work. I don't have dry eye issues anymore.
                                Is it still working for you? I used it for 6 months, and indeed it seemed like a miracle drug. But it has recently stopped working. This happened for me with Restasis too.

Comment

Working...
                                X