This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hormone inbalance estrogen

I hope someone reads this comment and helps me cause I'm losing my mind! And my money! I've been to so many doctors and they don't seem to understand that my dry eye is hormone related; I started taking birth control pills about a year ago, and as soon as I started my dry eye began. At first I didn't think they were related (I just moved to the USA so I thought maybe allergies or the change) I was taking those pills because I have endometriosis. The pill didn't work so my gynaecologist gave me the shot, depo provera. Worst mistake of my life since I've gained weight and I still have the endometriosis; but anyway I stopped birthcontrol in April, and I'm actually I'm doing a lot better with my eyes, but every time my period is about to start, I get super super dry eyes again! The point where I can't even wear makeup at all in my face! But as soon as my period ends, I feel so much better! This never happened before the birthcontrol, so I'm pretty sure this is how I got messed up! Does anyone know if just stopping the birthcontrol I'll go back to normal? Do you think my body will adjust on his own like before? Please please if someone knows tell me! Thank you...

pd. I've been using eyegel since eye drops don't help me anymore, I use NIGHTIME OITMENT (genteal tears nighttime ointment)

Sophie, your experience is very much like mine. My dry eye began as my acne prone skin turned into rosacea. I have tried the pill several times, but it always makes my eyes ten times worse. Then as my
    period gets closer, my lids inflame and it's pure torture. The day before I get my period is totally just goes away and the cycle continues. I am also not sure what to do about it. Doctors just keep giving me birth control. I wish I could be on it to prevent pregnancy but I can't even make it a month without quitting because of my eyes. Mine is also very hormonal! I'm 28 years old.

Comment

Yes yes I'm 27, we almost the same age! I hope someone who's been thru this can reply or if someone knows a relative or friend with this experience it will really help!! I truly don't want to keep going to doctors cause I'm spending my money and time and I'm so frustrated! Now that I have my period one eye is even worst than the other, my left one it's super bad today it hurts so bad and right one is doing alright, I don't have to use my gel that often I'm super depressed

Comment

Btw, doctors keep giving birth control too, but there's no way in the world I will do that again since that's how everything's started!!!!

Comment

MDs give hormone replacement for only estrogen and progesterone (my doctors anyway). The meibomian glands need testosterone, so it seems like you are right about the hormone imbalance. An integrative medicine doctor is more likely to help you.

Comment

PG, thank you for that advice, I would actually look it up online and make an appt asap.

Comment

If everyone is interested, I found this article on how to fix your imbalance hormones una natural way. Basically it's a diet. Let me know your thoughts, I think I'm gonna try it.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2015/08/14/h...-sex-hormones/

Comment

Meh, the article is okay. Hormone balance is probably a lot more complicated. He just kind of throws statements out there. I am actually very interested in this topic.

Comment

Mine is similar but different I guess.. I just turned 40 and staring "changes " -perimenapause.. my eyes have become dry fir past 3 years and I'm just learning that it is very well hormone related!!

My period should be here on 4 days and I have flarred up so bad this week and I'm wondering if it's because my period is so
                  close??

That sounds like the pattern you guys are going through but for different reasons...
                  right?

Comment

Exactly! I am going to make an appointment with an endocrinologist too, I want to try everything!

And BTW Jen, now that my period is over, my eyes ARE FINE! It happens every month those birthcontrol pills and shot totally messed me up!

Comment

My eyes are totally the same! Once I have my period I am okay again. Seven to ten days before it though I will get a flare! I may make an appointment with an endocrinologist as well.

Comment

Hi ladies! I'm 29 and in the same boat : my eyes are a total mess right now and I'm on day 25 of my cycle...

Comment

Btw, I read on another post that pure castor oil was good for dry eyes, this is my 3rd day using it and... to be honest I feel horrible my eyes hurt really bad and I feel like I've been crying all night! That exact feeling... I'm not going to use it tonight.

Ive heard that on Amazon they sell some "hormone balance for women" pills.. I really don't know what they are, they look something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0019...ance+for+women

should I try it? Have you guys try it? I haven't made the appt yet with the endocrinoglist because there's none near me I'll have to drive a lot

Comment

I now do NOT try NEW things unless study/research-based or suggested by doctors
                            Last edited by MGD1701; 03-Sep-2017, 15:34.

Comment

You are quite right, I won't do it anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X