Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Eye- 1.5 years of dealing with this. So this is my life now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had upper plugs, they didn't help. Then I had lower plugs, they didn't help. Then I had both plugged, bingo, that was a game changer.

The serum drops have to be made in a compounding pharmacy not many offices offer them in house. If you live in a larger center it should be possible to find someone to make them.
    Last edited by farmgirl; 15-Jun-2018, 22:58.

Comment

Hello,

Since you have Rosacea, I urge to to give IPL a try.

I urge you to stop any birth control, facial cream, makeup or anything unnatural for 1 month time. Sometimes there could be an unrelated allergic reaction which can cause dry eyes.

I also urge you to continue both Restasis and Xiidra, these drugs can reduce inflammation in your glands and clinically improve your glands. Don't just look for symptomatic fixes, but also clinical improvement as well.

For symptomatic relief, you can also try autologous serum and Prokera.

Comment

Good points.
        Even hair spray is bad for eyes.
        Last edited by MGD1701; 16-Jun-2018, 05:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Erc138 View Post
          sophie0416- It is the worst but it does make me feel better that someone else can relate to this. Have you found anything that has helped you? Have you ever tried another BC to see if taht could help reverse? I'm nervous to go down that route again.I really wish I could go back in time and never taken BC but such is life. I do feel pretty determined to get to a new normal that I can live with.
          My new dry eye mantra is " even though you're fed up you gotta keep your head.

hello, I take fish oil vitamins and they really help me. That’s all, flax seed oil, evening primrose. It’s about consistency once it builds up in your body it really helps your eyes

Comment

Hi Sophie
            Thanks for sharing.
            Great to hear evening primrose (GLA) & flaxseed oil help you too.

Comment

Originally posted by sophie0416 View Post

hello, I take fish oil vitamins and they really help me. That’s all, flax seed oil, evening primrose. It’s about consistency once it builds up in your body it really helps your eyes
              I just came across this as I am back to looking for some way to help alleviate my symptoms after an unexpected flame up, if you will. Any particular brands (and dosage) you recommend? Are you taking a combination pill or 2 separate supplements? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Erc138

I cant really add much to this, but what may be helpful is: 3-4 times a week castor oil in the eyes, only little amount of that.
                For security reasons it's recommended if you use also sodium-hialuronat eye drops(0,21% sodium/natrium-hialuronat).
                And the other oil I'd use is EPO, Evening Primrose Oil, very little amount, it doesnt make a bad feeling.
                Castor oil must be cold pressed, hexane-free, and above all organic, very good quality.

Best wishes

Comment

Working...
                X