Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story....

Hi,
    I Am New Here But My Story Is Much The Same...i Dont;even Know Where To Start...
    I Know Some Days Its Hard To Just Keep On Going.. My Family And Friends Think I Am Nuts..most Days Anyway..
    I Whine And Compalin About Feelings Of "stuff" On My Face, And In My Hair...they Just Look Like //yeah Right...you're Mental" So I Have Learned To Just Shut Up..
    But Some Days It Is So Hard To Just Go On., Forget The Morning Ritual Of Makeup... Ha.. What's That???
    I Have Had Temp Plugs In And Surgery..that Nasal One...to Fix Me...saw A Shrink Who Put Me On Different Kinds Of Pills...so I Slept A Lot So Therefore My Eyes Didnt Bother Me Much..but One Can Not Sleep 20 Out Of 24 Hrs If To Maintain A Life...
    I Am Alegeric To Preservatives So Have To Use The Little One Time Things That Cost A Bloody Fortune And Only Work For About Two Minutes...
    Does Anyone Else Have (either Real Or Imagined) Feelings Of The Gooey Stuff On Face And In Hair?? Or Am I Really Going Bonkers???
    Sometimes I Feel Like I Cant Breath...which My Shrink Says Is Anxiety...yeah Right...i Have Forgot What It Is Like To Have A Normal Day..
    Ok So Enough....this Is One Of My Bad Days...one In Which I Would Just Like To Turn To My Bottle Of Tequila And Go Back To Bed...thank Goodness It Is Sunday So I Can Do This....
    \thanks For Letting Me Spout Off And Please Anyone Answer...
    Luck To All. Vicki

Yo Vic

Hey Vicky,
    Sounds like a pretty crappy day. The bad ones are pretty bad. I was hoping you could share a bit more of your story, so this forum could offer you some recommendations of things that may make your good days better and more importantly your bad days not quite as bad.

Through this forum and some others I used to visit (before they started charging) I have learned alot about management of my dry eye condition. What I have found is that certain things help certain people and certain other things help other people. Its a jigsaw puzzle that takes a while to complete. Personally, I have only got the corners and some edges completed, but over time I know I will get it done.

A heads up on the booze, it will dehydrate you and probably make your symptoms worse (especially the next day). Dont think I am giving a lecture bc I like to have some drinks here and there, but personally I have found that drinking takes its toll on me for the next day. My eyes are puffy, a bit more bloodshoot, etc...I never had that problem pre-LASIK. Thats how my issues all began, LASIK surgery and now blepharitis, dry eyes, etc///

let us knw..

Comment

Vicky wrote:
      I Whine And Compalin About Feelings Of "stuff" On My Face, And In My Hair...they Just Look Like //yeah Right...you're Mental" So I Have Learned To Just Shut Up..
      Hi Vicky and welcome. I don't experience the 'stuff on my face and in my hair' feeling but I have enough weird sensations due to eye dryness that I don't doubt what anyone says about their experience. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable.

What (if you know) is the cause of your dry eye? How long have you had it?

Like Mr. Cabot said, (paraphrasing) that tequila might make you feel better tonight but you will pay tomorrow. Trust me on that .
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Hi Vicki, welcome to the Dry Eye Zone.

Originally posted by vic2151
        Hi,
        I Have Had Temp Plugs In And Surgery..that Nasal One...
        Not familiar with that... what nasal surgery?

I Am Alegeric To Preservatives So Have To Use The Little One Time Things That Cost A Bloody Fortune And Only Work For About Two Minutes...
        If you're not getting relief from artificial tears then it may be time to look further. Our Dry Eye FAQ pages may help give you some perspective about why dry eye is not just about being 'dry', and the Treatments page may give you some ideas about additional approaches. For those who are already doing "plug'n'drop" often the next step is to work on the meibomian glands with things like hot compresses, lid therapy, flaxseed or fish oil or other treatments.

Does Anyone Else Have (either Real Or Imagined) Feelings Of The Gooey Stuff On Face And In Hair??
        Never heard this one. And I'm not a doc so nothing specific comes to mind. But isn't there some syndrome or other about extremely hypersensitivity to physical sensations - the name escapes me, maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about....

Regards,
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Are you having a problem with your trigeminal nerve?

Comment

ideas

Trigeminal neuralgia comes to mind as Binanut said.

Also (and this could also be connected to TN) some neuropathy.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

To Vicky/Trigeminal Neuralgia

Never had a feeling of anything actually ON my face, but had terrible creepy, crawly sensations on the right side of my face. It was worse at the temple and sometimes my eye felt like it was bulging out of my head. Kept asking my husband if it looked like it. He looked at me like I was goofy. But that feeling was horrible enough to make me want to claw my face off. I would sit up until early morning, unable to sleep because of the pressure and pain. I couldn't function at work, couldn't function in public. It got so that I didn't want to leave the house. I felt like I was always looking through water and bright lights made it worse. I had 6 months of pure hell and actually thought I must be losing my mind. Truly, if my neurologist hadn't linked the Trigeminal Neuralgia to the dry eye syndome, I don't know what I would have done. Once we got that under control, the dry eye wasn't quite as horrible. It's not great, but at least it is more manageable.

Keep trying different things and don't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaye
                Never had a feeling of anything actually ON my face, but had terrible creepy, crawly sensations on the right side of my face. It was worse at the temple and sometimes my eye felt like it was bulging out of my head. Kept asking my husband if it looked like it. He looked at me like I was goofy. But that feeling was horrible enough to make me want to claw my face off. I would sit up until early morning, unable to sleep because of the pressure and pain. I couldn't function at work, couldn't function in public. It got so that I didn't want to leave the house. I felt like I was always looking through water and bright lights made it worse. I had 6 months of pure hell and actually thought I must be losing my mind. Truly, if my neurologist hadn't linked the Trigeminal Neuralgia to the dry eye syndome, I don't know what I would have done. Once we got that under control, the dry eye wasn't quite as horrible. It's not great, but at least it is more manageable[/COLOR].

Keep trying different things and don't give up.
                I have never heard of this. Where is this nerve? Is it at the side of the temple? When my dry eye flares up, I can run my finger down the side of my temple and I can feel a nerve or ligament actually get sensitive and runs right to the outer corner of my eye. Is that it?
                GOGO

Comment

Trigeminal Neuralgia

The trigeminal nerve is the largest cranial nerve and the greatest sensory nerve of the head. According to my neurologist, it is also linked to the cornea, and if you have problems from lasik surgery, dry eye syndrome, or RK surgery like I had, that nerve can get inflamed from that. Usually, most people have it only on one side and it seems to radiate from the temple. It can be unbelievably painful or just annoying. Mine fell in the middle. Wind on your face, brushing your hair on that side, washing your face too rough (exfoliating can be brutal) or even brushing your teeth can set it off. It took me awhile to find a doctor who knew what it was. Everyone else before that thought I was crazy. This was also when it was discovered I had the dry eye problem and this was setting it off. Many of your symptoms sound like they could be caused by this. Or your dry eye can be causing it. For me, keeping my eyes moist is one of the biggest preventions of a flare up. But as we all know, that is easier said than done. The neurologist prescribed Trileptal 300mg one hour before bed. This has saved my life as far as I am concerned, because up to that point, I was ready to be over it. But that isn't necessarily for everyone and that might not be your problem at all. Only a doctor (and preferably an opthalmalogist/neurologist) can help you figure that out. But it sure sounds like you might have some of those symptoms. At this moment, I have the creepy, crawlyness on the right side of my face, but it is manageable.

Good luck and as we all say - hang in there. There is something out there that will work for you.

Gaye

Comment

Working...
                  X