X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DsDad
    replied
    I know that refresh optic advanced drops have castor oil. I got some today and saw that it was listed as a non active ingredient. They were the PF single vial drops.

As a side note, I personally don't suffer from DE but my son does. I use them on myself before him as a test. I will be honest and say that they did bother my eyes a bit for a good hour or more. I won't be using them on him. I have used systane advanced recently as well and those did not bother my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• BeckaG
    replied
    No I am not I am Canadian

Leave a comment:

• fourchimneys
    replied
    thanks very much BeckaG,

Are you based in the UK, if so who is your naturopath please?

Leave a comment:

• BeckaG
    replied
    Originally posted by fourchimneys View Post
    Hi BeckaG,

Thanks for replying, can you please tell me more about which olive oil and how you use it and also how you have found it please?

Is a Naturopath the way forward do you think?

Thanks,

Keir
    Hello, I just go get any bottle of olive oil as long as it is pure olive oil from the grocery store, before I go to bed I put a swipe of it under my eyes (not touching the tear line, that stings!) , and I do the same in the morning after a shower and before I put on my makeup (I wipe it off before applying makeup). I do this every day now and I actually do notice the nights that I don't do this that my eyes feel alot more dry. The olive oil even though not touching your eyes seems to eventually drift in your eyes by itself. Do not put directly into your eyes and you'll be good to go. I definitely think a naturopath is the way forward and can't say enough about how I credit my dry eyes being managed because of her! I just felt so sick with doing shotgun approaches of things I read online or things medical people hurriedly tell everyone that comes into their office. She gave me various medical tests to see if there were any imbalances and got me to try different things. I have known people to not have great things to rave about from their natropaths but I'v had a great experience with mine she was able to tailor a plan for me and wasn't just there to get me to buy products off her.

Leave a comment:

• fourchimneys
    replied
    Originally posted by BeckaG View Post
    I read on a different thread Castor Oil was actually destructive to eye cells. So I have stuck to using olive oil- which I have had great success and relief with. Saying that my naturopath told me castor oil is completely safe for eyes as it is in all forms of eye makeup, creams, etc, I'v just been through so much bs with with my eyes I don't want to risk it.
    Hi BeckaG,

Thanks for replying, can you please tell me more about which olive oil and how you use it and also how you have found it please?

Is a Naturopath the way forward do you think?

Thanks,

Keir

Leave a comment:

• LiliS
    replied
    i think you are right,i used it only on my eye lids and my eyes became red...maybe this is why i can,t tolerate Restasis? but i can,t tolerate any articial drop,they all end to sting and irritate my eyes and i feel them like a glue ...what product helped you? i can,t find one good for me and i tried wlmost all...

Leave a comment:

• BeckaG
    replied
    I read on a different thread Castor Oil was actually destructive to eye cells. So I have stuck to using olive oil- which I have had great success and relief with. Saying that my naturopath told me castor oil is completely safe for eyes as it is in all forms of eye makeup, creams, etc, I'v just been through so much bs with with my eyes I don't want to risk it.

Leave a comment:

• fourchimneys
    replied
    which artificial tears have castor oil in them please?

Leave a comment:

• LiliS
    replied
    I want to try it too,at least on my eyelids...can,t t harm more than all the artificial tears/ ointments / gels....besides you can find castor oils in some of the artificial tears on the market....i have severe dry eyes due to Sogren disease,posterior blepharitis for sure and all was aggravated by menopause...i see i,m not the only one who tried so many eye medications without any relief... the eye doctors tell us what they learned from the books and from the congresses...we are all Guinea Pigs,because there are not 2 patients with dry eyes alike...but the prescriptions are the same...( i know what i,m talking,i,m a doctor myself) ...

Leave a comment:

• fourchimneys
    started a topic Castor Oil

Castor Oil

Morning,

I have suffered with dry eyes for about two years, I have tried:

MGD bag twice daily
    Hyabak eye drops
    Massaging my eye lids
    Omega 3
    Hyabak tablets
    Lacrimead tablets
    Lacrilube
    Doxycycline
    Vitamin D oil
    Castor oil
    Clinitas soothe
    Clinitas hydrate
    Blephasteam face mask
    Blephaclean wips

I have also had a blood test and been referred to an ophthalmologist.

None of these really seemed to help.

On this forum I then read a post about Castor Oil. I have applied this to my eyes and eye lids at night and it does seem to help. If i apply small drops in the morning it does seem to help in the day, however I have asked my doctor and ophthalmologist whether it is safe but neither have come back to me.

Has anyone else tried Castor Oil, if so how did you get on?

Thanks,

Keir
Working...
X