Dry Eyes at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eyes at night

Hi, I have had this dry eye problem (mostly at night) for a while and it seems to be getting worse. I do use Restasis twice daily and my dr. suggested systane several times per day. I still cannot sleep at night caused by pain and gritty feeling in my eyes. The one thing that seemed to work better at night was the GenTeal Severe Gel which I cannot buy anywhere right now. Is there something else comparable that will work? So far I have tried several things to no avail.

To Sue Beddow re: GenTeal Gel

Ocusoft has a product called Tears Again Eye Gel that is similiar, though not as good. I have tried it and it will do if you can't get the GenTeal Gel. So many of know how hard sleeping can be with a dry eye problem.

Comment

Reply: Dry eyes at night

Hi, I also have dry eyes - mine is due to Lasik surgery. I use Refresh PM or Moisture eyes PM at night along with my regular drops. I put in some lubricant before bed and then if I wake up I put in a few of my regular drops. The lubricant really does help my eyes from sticking together even though I do usually need a tear drop sometime during the night. I feel like it lubes up my eyes and keeps them drying out too quickly after waking. The lubricant is not the best b/c it can feel kind of greasy but it lasts a while.

I've never tried the genteal gel, but I might once it's back on the market. I am also using Restasis and I use drops every hour or two during the day.

Missy

Comment

HI Sue

Hi Sue,

I am sorry for your dry eyes. I'll tell you what helps me a lot with my dry eyes at night and that is muro 128% ointment. It will bring tears to the surface of your eyes and is very beneficial. The other thing that has helped is that I use a pair of eccoeyes goggles to keep in the moisture at night. You can purchase them on the web. I think both these things will be much more useful than the genteal gel, which I have also had a very hard time getting. Good Luck. Let me know how you do. Rocco

Originally posted by Sue Beddow
        Hi, I have had this dry eye problem (mostly at night) for a while and it seems to be getting worse. I do use Restasis twice daily and my dr. suggested systane several times per day. I still cannot sleep at night caused by pain and gritty feeling in my eyes. The one thing that seemed to work better at night was the GenTeal Severe Gel which I cannot buy anywhere right now. Is there something else comparable that will work? So far I have tried several things to no avail.

Comment

Working...
        X