experimenting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madarka,
    I'm so glad Diana posted with her positive experience with these. Stick with it and post back how things are going.

Diana,
    You posted that you've used these for two years now. Do you remember back when you started how long it took to see a noticeable difference? Was it as soon as 7 to 10 days for you or a longer period?

Comment

Hmmm....

I don't think it took very long, but it probably wasn't any quicker than 10 days, but certainly not as long as a month. It's been a while so it's hard to say.

Madarka, take good care of yourself, rest your eyes when you can. On a bad burning day I can use my serum and take a short nap. It improves my day dramatically. In the past, nothing could do that.

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

diana and mj

hello i am so impatient with any relief but i guess i will have to wait.i have been using serum for 2days and so far i feel the same,but my sister is constantly telling me -good things don't come easy.i was told to use serum 3-4times a day especially just before i go to bed so it can have time to soothe my inflamed corneas and possibly heal them.i definitely feel better when i get good sleep,use hot compress,drink lots of water.also mornings r the worst for me,when i wake up i look like i was partying hard all night.i will let u know how i feel in upcoming days my fellow sufferers-haha silly madarka

Comment

Hang in there, Madarka. I know it's awful. Your sister's comment reminds me of a really bad spell I was having quite a while ago and I confided in my aunt.

In tears, I told her, "It could take years to find a remedy that works for me!" Her comment was, "...or it could happen tomorrow."

I found comfort in her perspective.

Keep the faith.

Diana

Comment

to diana

i think that if i will drive God crazy enough,he will give me a break.just beying silly.how do you use hot compress diana?the cloth gets cold right away and hot compress that i put in a microwave is hot for such a long time that when i take it off i have a blurry vision,it feels weird.anyway it makes me feel good that i am not alone with my problem and appreciate any advice or info.did u try hormonal treatment for dry eyes?in boston they r doing a reaserch on mice,my doc told me and also they are working on cloning cornea which means your damaged sick corneas could be replaced by new clones,well who knows with all that technology

Comment

Throw some real whole, dry rice in a small tube of panty hose and tie off. Throw this in the microwave for a minute or so with a glass of water. The water will help keep the rice from burning and will add moisture. You may need to adjust your heating times to your tolerance and the power of your microwave. Do be careful not to use the bag if it's too hot. I do believe at times I've added to my troubles by using it when it was too hot.

There's probaby a great deal on this site regarding hormonal treatments. I'm no expert of that. I did try a testosterone cream once, but it didn't help for me. For many reasons I do not see a hormonal correlation with my dry eye condition. Search around on this site. There's a search function at the top of the screen. There's a lot on this site.

Do rest and take good care of yourelf. I will pray for your healing.

Diana

Comment

Originally posted by madarka
                and hot compress that i put in a microwave is hot for such a long time that when i take it off i have a blurry vision
                Madarka,
                I think it's okay to have blurry vision following a hot compress. I think it's the oils coming out of the blocked glands and moving across your tear film as they dissipate. If I'm wrong I hope someone posts here to correct me.

I hope things improve over the course of this next week for you with the serum drops!

mj

Comment

to mj and diana

i am so glad i found this website.you people r so incredibly supportive that i didn't find such a support with my own family.they don't understand my pain even though they try.i tried rice and it seemed very dry so i use hot compress and put it on wet cloth over my eyes.this way the cloth moisturizes my eyelids and heat from compress releases oil which lubricates my potato chips look alike eyes.my doc told me i have to give several months for serum to work.it is getting hot here in texas and we r melting in a house just because A/C hurts my eyes.but i know eventually we will have to put it on.A/C and fan really make my eyes feel super air exposed and red.i guess i have to walk around with panoptx like alien from startrek.

Comment

Hello Madarka

It is the same with me. I even seem to be doing better without drops. The problem is in fact to know when you really need them to preserve the cornea from erosion, because otherwise they usually don't bring relief. We should have a way to check the dryness of the eyes at home, and not have wait for an exam to know if they improve or not..
                    too bad it doesn't exist
                    katia

Originally posted by madarka
                    hi i am more than 2years post lasik and having severely dry burning eyes.the first year after lasik i felt fine but problems started after 1 year.i tried everything:restasis all kinds of drops steroids ointments plugs lid scrubs omega 3supplements.i have read that excessive or prolonged use of artificial tears can actually discrupt the natural production of tears and further aggravate condition.i think i was using drops even though i felt fine and that is how i developed my problem i gradually washed out my natural tears.i decided not use any drops at all.2months no drops still feel the same-no better not worse.any idea on my theory?thank you

Comment

exam

hello katia

i know doctors say that a lot of times symptoms don't match with what they see upon the exam.for example you can have very dry eyes and not feel any discomfort or u can feel horrible and nothing shows upon examination.
                      i feel horrible and my doctors also tell me i look horrible so i go by my symptoms definitely.a disease with no symptoms wouldn't bother me.many people have hidden disease and don't even know about it.katia go by how your eyes look and how you feel.you are your own doctor to the certain point.

Comment

Working...
                      X