Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glasses

Hi Dianat,

What kind of glasses are those you are wearing in your picture? How do you find them?

Also, can anyone explain to me about the article on using honey? If anyone knows, what is the correct way to use it for dry eye?

Thanks,

Susan

Comment

The goggles I'm wearing in my avatar is an inexpensive pair of Harleys. I got them at a local Harley shop. They are not airtight, and are very...well...biker-looking. They are mirrored and purple...not exactly what I found useful for the extended amounts of time I needed them.

Since those early Harley goggle days, I've purchased three pairs of Panoptx goggles. They are far superior to what I'm wearing in the picture. They have a web site and can be seen in local stores like a Harley shop. The web site can direct you. Rebecca also has some available here on this web site.

Sorry, can't help you with the honey/dry-eye connection. I do recall a post about honey allegedly helping with local environmental allergies, but I don't recall any instructions on usage.

Diana
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Website address??

Hi Stella, I wondered if you have a website address for the company that sells the tranquileyes stuff? I live in Oxford in the UK, but my family come from Belfast so if its available there then I could get my family to send it over to me.

Many thanks
        Laura

Comment

Two options that I know of in the UK -

1) Magellans.co.uk has the ThermoEyes Travel Kit (tranquileyes goggle, two pairs thermoeyes inserts + pads) for £34.85. [Lingo is confusing on that site though... what they call ThermoPads are really ThermoEyes.]

2) Eyeeco.co.uk has the Chronic Dry Eye TE kit (goggle, spare foam, one pair thermoeyes inserts + pads) for £35 - just went and checked that as it was originally £47, glad they lowered it, at the original price it was actually cheaper to purchase from the US and have it shipped there.

To browse all the possible kits see www.dryeyeshop.com (our store here) & click on the Sleep Masks category. We get a quite a lot of orders from the UK, I think because many of the kits and most of the accessories are not available over there yet. Shipping can take a few weeks though.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X