i ruined my sweet life with LASIK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Texaseyes, I'm sorry for the circumstances that caused us to meet.

My name is Jeff and I had LASIK done almost six years ago. In the initial stages I too felt very remourceful for the decision I had made. My vision is undercorrected in one eye adding insult to injury. I could not wait to go to bed as the new day brought me hope and also an escape. I could not forgive myself for the decision I had made that changed my life forever, after all it was an "elective" surgery. Like most of us here I made the decision based on the information I was given which was half true in my opinion. I too was told that the dry period was short lived and very treatable. Looking back I should have asked if it was treated successfully. Live and learn. Now six years later I am still scanning this site in hopes. I have long since let myself off the hook as I realized it did me no good and I feel I was mislead leading up to my now regretable decision. I still have problems that I suspect will never completely go away however I have learned to deal with things much better and it has made me more grateful everyday of my life. I have more good days than bad days. I learned that anger and stress play a big part in my symptoms as well as lack of sleep and too much reading on the computer. I have used Restasis since it became available also a product called Bio-tears. I have recently started using fish oil capsules at the urging of my doctor. Like alot of people I was told that I HAD dry eyes before the surgey (after the surgery of course) also recently (don't know what took so long) I was told I have Blepharitis and was given a Doxycylcine perscription for that as well, I did not mention I had just come off that drug a month before my exam for something unrelated. The perscription I was given is unfilled.
    All in all things are now more tolerable on a daily basis, the important thing is I am still here in case they do come up with a cure I am available to try it out. I'm convinced somebody will "crack" the dry eye nut someday as there is money to be made if you do. This LASIK (Like A Scene In Kaleidescope) reminds me of the second Mission Impossible movie where first they created a problem and then they created the cure for the problem they had created.

Heres wishing you more good days than bad,
    Jeff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
    X

Debug Information