Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!

Hi! I'm new to this site. Like many of you, I suffer from severe dry eye, to the extent where I've had many corneal abrasions and have come home from the doctor many times with ointment in and a patch over either eye. I found a really good ophthalmologist who diagnosed me with "dry eye." It had begun to feel like it had to be something worse than dryness, so the diagnosis was a relief. He prescribed Restasis and artificial tear type products during the day. I use Bion Tears Naturale. They're okay, but not ideal. My eyes never feel comfortable. When I put something like that in my eye, I expect to feel a sense of "AAAH" type relief. This doesn't feel that way. It seems I'm allergic to the preservatives in most of the other drops. Anyway, I've been using Genteal Eye Gel at night, the severe kind, until it disappeared from the stores. This has left me hurting, to say the least. I do transcription at home, and all of the other products that are for nighttime use make my eyes feel tired, blurry, and irritated in the morning. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm allergic to the petroleum type part of what I'm trying now, Lacrilube. Before this, the doctor had suggest Refresh Celluvisc (for night use). It felt wonderful in my eyes, but I woke up in the middle of the night thinking "Uh oh," that feeling that you almost don't dare to try and open your eyes. It's not enough protection for me at night. Everything else feels like Vaseline in my eyes, and I'm having problems working because of the blurring and burning in the morning. I've been reading some of your messages that you posted, and I can relate. To those of you who have found relief, I'm glad for you. If anybody knows anywhere where you can still purchase Genteal Severe Eye Gel, would you please let me know? I'm getting distraught over this whole thing. Seems like something like dry eye shouldn't impact your life as much as it does.

Judy M.

Hi Judy and welcome. So sorry to read of your dry eye probs. Yes, we all can relate in one way or another to what you are going through. I don't know where you can purchase GenTeal Gel. The`last time I found a tube of it ( a few weeks ago) was at a small, off the beaten path, drugstore. The larger drugstore chains seem to have run out of it quite some time ago.

I haven't used a gel or ointment at night for a few years. I use Dwelle or Dakrina and sleep with a lightweight sleep mask over my eyes if I'm having a particularly rough time. I remember that 'uh-oh' feeling in the middle of the night...I find that a sleep mask or even my goggles helps me get through the night without an erosion if I'm really concerned and have pushed my eyes to their limit during the day. Also, I keep a glass of water on my nightstand so that I can dip my finger in it, moisten my lashline and let it seep in before opening my eyes in the morning. Sounds weird but it has become a habit over the years and gives me peace of mind.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Judy M.
      It had begun to feel like it had to be something worse than dryness, so the diagnosis was a relief.
      im sorry to hear about your troubles, but imho dry eye is one of the worst eye conditions someone has to endure. there are days that i'd rather be blind than have to deal with the pain.

Comment

Genteal Gel

I ordered this last month. No problem.
        http://www.getcanadiandrugs.com/pres...ge=2&Offset=20

Comment

Judy,

Perhaps you should try some of the drops sold on this sight. Just an idea..

Comment

Working...
          X