Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adverse reaction to Refresh!

Hi all,
    Originally, when I was first diagnosed with DES in July 07 I started off using Refresh Preservative free liquigel & Genteal. In December 07 I noticed my eyes hadn't improved & had gone redder, so another trip to the Dr & I started to use Similasan. In Feb 08 I made another trip to the Dr & have now been using Systane for around 3 weeks. However, last wk my eyes felt a little irritated so I thought I wouldnt use the Systane & see how that worked out. After showering, I used Refresh liquigel & a few hours later my eyes started to turn redder & then began the huge chunks of yellow mucus building up & some burning. This is the second time this has happened to me with Refresh, the first time I thought it was because I used Refresh in the morning & later used Similasan, but this time I only used Refresh & the same thing happened. Eyes were SO RED, scary. Has anyone ever suffered like this from Refresh? When I went to the dr the same day (wasnt my usual doc) he & his assistant doubted that the reaction could have come from Refresh & he prescribed me Maxitrol for two weeks (I wont use it that long). The redness has obviously subsided but now there are more visible red angry veins in my eyes, than before this incident.
    I dont know what happened, I used to use Refresh without a problem.
    In any case I have ordered Dr Holly's drops in hope of a safer solution.

I have had similar problems with Refresh Liquigel. I didn't get the mucous buildup, but my eyes turned red and began burning.

I'm glad to hear you've ordered Doc Holly's drops because I think they rock! Once you begin using them, I'd recommend you completely discontinue drugstore drops. Just use Dwelle and Dakrina in combination with NutraTear, as needed. Drugstore drops interfere with the healing and surface protection functions of Doc Holly's drops. If you need to rinse your eyes (say after doing a lid compress), Unisol unpreserved saline solution works well in combination with DH drops.

Comment

Working...
    X