The drops that ruined my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
    I am glad to know that I am not alone. Anyone not effected by this has no idea what we go through. There are days when I just do not want to get out of bed because I know how red my eyes are. I find it hard to get close to people as well, especially the eye contact.
    I am getting so desperate, I am even considering going to a school in a warmer, sunnier region where I can wear dark sun glasses to shade my eyes.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been using Systane lubricant eye drops, washing my lids with OcuSOFT lid scrubs, removing the gross build-ups on my eye lids with Q-tips & warm water, and taking 2 O-mega 3's daily (dont know the exact doses).
    So far, I haven't noticed any real changes, but I guess my eyes aren't too bad right now so I cannot complain.

I don't want to spend my life fighting this. I don't want to wake up one day in my 40s or 50s and have my eyes still be red.

Thanks for all the help here, any more advice would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderP View Post

For the past couple of weeks, I have been using Systane lubricant eye drops, washing my lids with OcuSOFT lid scrubs, removing the gross build-ups on my eye lids with Q-tips & warm water, and taking 2 O-mega 3's daily (dont know the exact doses).
      So far, I haven't noticed any real changes, but I guess my eyes aren't too bad right now so I cannot complain.
      Alexander, I have a some visibile veins in my eyes as well and I agree it's annoying and depressing all at the same time!

Most articles I have seen referring to Omega use suggest that it takes up to two months to start seeing the benefit - so like most supplements, they take time to work. HAve a look at the forum here with Dr Lange about the levels of EPA\DHA you should be getting from fish oil. It definetely requires more than just one or two a day, depending on potency. eg, I take between 4 and 6 a day.
      Jamie

Comment

Working...
      X