Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up on my story - dry eyes at night/wakeup

Just to keep everyone updated, here is my situation:

My whole history can be found here - http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4938

My problem is that my eyes are very dry when I wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning. Along with the dryness, the eyes are red, and there seems to be an inflammation of the eyelids. The optometrist (military doctor) that I was going to wasn't concerned with my condition, but I did manage to get a referral to an ophthalmologist (another military doctor) who was very helpful. First thing he started talking about was that I had mild to moderate MGD and blepharitis. He also said that I had an eye allergy issue that he could see from his examination. Basic Schrimer's test was a 15 and a 13. Here is what he prescribed:

1) Hot eye compress and lid massage at least once a day, the more the better. I asked about eyelids scrubs with occusoft, he said that was also good. (no surprise on any of that)

2) 100mg of doxycycline twice a day for a month, and then followed by once a day for two more months

3) Patanol (olopatadine hydrochloride opthalmic solution) drops in the eyes twice a day. This is supposed to help with the allergy portion.

4) Erthromycin ointment in the eyes at night, I believe this is an antibiotic ointment.

5) Refresh, preservative-free lubricant eye drops as necessary during the day.

I am starting these medications today, I will post an update.
Working...
X