Continued drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued drops

I have had dry eye for over a year. have gone to 4 professionals, and all came back with the same......
    I have been prescribed Rastasis, which i use twice a day. I don't know if it is doing what I expected after 9 months, but the Dr. says that I am up to producing 50% tears that before was only about 10%.
    Like others, my best times are in the mornings, and as long as I stay away from Computers, TV and not too much sun, I can get well into the afternoon before they beging to bother me.
    I have tried all of the over counter drops in conjunction with resatis, and find that if i use Refresh Liquigel, 5 minutes later, bion tears, and another 5 minutes Thera tears liquid Gel that they work for a good 3-4 hours. I then repeat the whole process and I'm good for another 3.
    i have all 4 ducts plugged as well.
    Another help is warm compresses just before bed time.
    Ken Bronkie
    Delray Beach, Fl.

Hi Ken,

Welcome to Dry Eye Talk!!

Originally posted by ksb
    I have been prescribed Rastasis, which i use twice a day. I don't know if it is doing what I expected after 9 months, but the Dr. says that I am up to producing 50% tears that before was only about 10%.
    So it's improving your Schirmer, which is good news. Is that translating into feeling better too?

I have tried all of the over counter drops in conjunction with resatis, and find that if i use Refresh Liquigel, 5 minutes later, bion tears, and another 5 minutes Thera tears liquid Gel that they work for a good 3-4 hours.
    Quite a cocktail . I don't want to sound like I'm arguing with something that seems to be giving relief... but is your doctor aware of how you're using these? I think that it's fairly conventional to advise a 15-minute gap between different types of drops, and also to try to stick to drops that have a similar formulation.

I'm a hot compress fan too. Anyway, welcome aboard, hope you find some useful info here!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

My eyes usually feel worst in the morning or early afternoon. I wonder why that is? The evenings are usually better for me - Strange!

Of course there are some days when my eyes just feel dry allllllllll day long!

Comment

Working...
      X