Weird Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Question

Does anyone ever find themselves noticing what seems to be blepharitis or dry eye, as faint as it might be, on another person? In particular a famous person?

Anyone ever do this or is this just weird? lol
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

The actor Michael Caine has blepharitis and I read somewhere that Jesse James also had it - although it was referred to as `granulated eyelids' which I think means the same.

(Now you may be wondering why I remember these things......!)

Comment

Ya i have often wondered has any famous person ever had MGD or dry eyes. Never came across anyone that did though. I always check out a persons eyes when i meet them, most peoples eyes (that i see anyway) look fine.. So jealous!

Comment

That's funny, I check out people's eyes first too. If I'm anywhere out in public and happen to see someone with very red, bloodshot, watery, glassy looking eyes (like mine most of the time), I sincerely emphathize with them although they never know it... How sick is that?
        Last edited by Judy; 30-Sep-2008, 04:02.

Comment

Yes, I do this too. I have not run into people at work with this condition, so I feel like a freak in this regard. It makes me feel better to know that some celebrities might have this condition - I have always thought that the actress Michelle Pfiefer's eyes look a bit irritated (I am female and am soooo jealous of women with beautiful, clear eyes). I also notice that Cameron Diaz has some rosacea of the face - but not sure if it affects her eyes.

Comment

That one country singer has psorasis too. Carry Underwood I think her name is.

Anyone ever see that magician David Blaine? He just did that stunt in NY.
            Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Originally posted by calcan View Post
              Yes, I do this too. I have not run into people at work with this condition, so I feel like a freak in this regard. It makes me feel better to know that some celebrities might have this condition - I have always thought that the actress Michelle Pfiefer's eyes look a bit irritated (I am female and am soooo jealous of women with beautiful, clear eyes). I also notice that Cameron Diaz has some rosacea of the face - but not sure if it affects her eyes.
              I never noticed Michelle Pfiefer's eyes but haven't actually seen her recently in that many films. Cameron Diaz has lovely clear eyes, saw her recently in 'What happens in Vagas'.

Comment

katie couric

meg oliver

???

-Tim

Comment

Bono...

I think I read that Bono suffers an eye condition which is why he always wears sunglasses. I thought of this as I was going thru a bad bout of RCE which left me in sunglasses in the house with the shades closed. Then I saw your question, and thought it was funny that I wasn't the only one identifying with celebrity eye problems. Here's the link I found that explains it a bit http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...ye%20condition

Comment

Working...
                  X