My story - Jessica Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story - Jessica Adams

Hi guys: I have been away for so long, that I don't even remember when was the last time I posted. My story is very similar to Diana's. I suffered from nearsightness since I was 12 and by the time I had the surgery (when I was 25) my prescription was -6.50 in both eyes.

I did not have any problems using contacts but I felt that I was a slave to them because I had to put them on first thing in the morning, even before brushing me teeth or showering so that I would be able to see what I was doing. So when I heard about LASIK I thought this is my big chance to be free, and free I was. I had my operation on September of 1997 and for 6 wonderful years I was OK. Then my nightmare started in December of 2003 when I noticed that my eyes were extremely dry.

Since then I've spent so much money, time and energy in dealing with this to the point of exhaustion and total depression. I decided that I just couldn't handle it anymore. These past months I have been away for the forum to get a grip on myself and deal with terrible depression.

I am so glad to read about all of your guys really putting up the fight. I really beleive that if we all have hope and pray with all out hearts, very soon we will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I really appreciate all the advice you can give me and I will do the same. Excuse me if I don't write too often, sometimes I just want to "dream that this nigthmare is over".

You are all close to my heart and my prayers.

Love,

Jessica.

Jessica!

I've wondered off and on about you for quite some time. Glad to hear from you! I'm sorry you aren't doing better. I would be absolutely thrilled to never hear from any of you again so long as it means you're in perfect eye comfort!

You take good care and keep the faith. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
    X