To young to live like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To young to live like this

When I was 18 my mother made me go to this opthomologist that we had been going to for years and I did not wanna go but I went anyway. After he put some drops in my eye I started feeling a lot of discomfort and irritation. When I told him about it he brushed me off and told me that after the drops wore off so would the irritation. The same night I had to be rushed to emergency becasue I could not open my eyes they were swollen closed and oozing with green thick pus. When I went through emergency The doctor didn't even touch me he just said it was conjunctivitis and walked out of the room. I went back to the doctor where I got the infection from and he got all defensive and was no help at all so I just never returned. I went to another hospital and they just put me on a lot of useless antibiotics. I am with a new doctor and he has me on doxcy. He thinks I may have Chlymidia and mucus fishing syndrome. I was a virgin when I got the infection so I believe it came from that doctor I went to years ago. I have, itching, burning, lots, of discharge, gritty sensation, inner eyelid peeling and crusted sticky lids in the morning. My stringiness gets worse in the morning and late night. I am now 22 years old with a son and this thing is limiting my life. I am so angry before I went to that doctor I never had any problems at all with my eyes. I just feel like my life is over. I feel like the doctors don't take te condition seriously enough. I use a saline wash and try not to extract the mucus out with my fingernails. I flush them with the rinse then get a kleenex and dab the musus out the corners of my eyes. I am just wondering if restasis, or a mucolytic agent and an antihistamine-mast cell stabilizer could help cure me of my condition and if so why won't the doctors try it. I would love for a health professional to respond and if anyone knows any doctors in Kansas City, Missouri willing to take a aggressive approach to my situation I would appreciate it.

Originally posted by re-nee7 View Post
    When I was 18 my mother made me go to this opthomologist that we had been going to for years and I did not wanna go but I went anyway. After he put some drops in my eye I started feeling a lot of discomfort and irritation. When I told him about it he brushed me off and told me that after the drops wore off so would the irritation. The same night I had to be rushed to emergency becasue I could not open my eyes they were swollen closed and oozing with green thick pus. When I went through emergency The doctor didn't even touch me he just said it was conjunctivitis and walked out of the room. I went back to the doctor where I got the infection from and he got all defensive and was no help at all so I just never returned. I went to another hospital and they just put me on a lot of useless antibiotics. I am with a new doctor and he has me on doxcy. He thinks I may have Chlymidia and mucus fishing syndrome. I was a virgin when I got the infection so I believe it came from that doctor I went to years ago. I have, itching, burning, lots, of discharge, gritty sensation, inner eyelid peeling and crusted sticky lids in the morning. My stringiness gets worse in the morning and late night. I am now 22 years old with a son and this thing is limiting my life. I am so angry before I went to that doctor I never had any problems at all with my eyes. I just feel like my life is over. I feel like the doctors don't take te condition seriously enough. I use a saline wash and try not to extract the mucus out with my fingernails. I flush them with the rinse then get a kleenex and dab the musus out the corners of my eyes. I am just wondering if restasis, or a mucolytic agent and an antihistamine-mast cell stabilizer could help cure me of my condition and if so why won't the doctors try it. I would love for a health professional to respond and if anyone knows any doctors in Kansas City, Missouri willing to take a aggressive approach to my situation I would appreciate it.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm 18 and am going through tons of dry eye problems that greatly affect my life. I completely understand your frustration with doctors. You would think the people who are hear to "help" would actually care, but mostly they don't seem to. I really don't know any doctors in Missouri, but I wanted to tell you that I hope your problem gets better and wanted to encourage you to never give up. As hard as it is to, continue on. There's a quote that I love which we've all heard: "what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger." It helps me in alot of situations, and I hope it can help you. I wish you luck on your pursuit of a good doctor.

Comment

Hey re-nee7, I can totally sympathize with your situation. I am 26 years old and I started having problems when I was 21. My symptoms are a little different than yours, but I can relate to the constant burning, crusty eyelids, and feelings of hopelessness. It sucks to have health problems at such a young age. I just try to take it 1 day at a time and focus as much on the positive side of things as I possibly can. I know it can be really hard sometimes, but never give up hope that you will find a routine that gets you feeling comfortable again. I actually live in St. Louis, MO. I have been to a ton of doctors here and I finally found a couple of good ones a few years ago. If you ever plan on traveling to this side of Missouri let me know and I will give you the name of my doctor. He works at the Washington University Eye Center in Barnes-Jewish Hospital and he has been very helpful with treating my condition. I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to this site, and I am sorry for everything you are going through. If is is any comfort to you a lot of people join this site when things are going very badly, and they over time they do seem to achieve a better level of comfort, and some people do seem to get better.

I have dry eyes from lasik and can't relate to your specific case. I have seen this "stringy" issue being talked about before but never followed the thread as it doesn't apply to me. If you don't get many responses in this section you might want to try posting in the "Open Forum" section asking about this "stringiness".

Good luck and keep well,

Bernadette

Comment

You gotta find a really good doctor. I have been to a lot of doctors who were suppose to be the best but yea defenitely not the case. I'd reccomend Dr. Latkany in NY, he knows his stuff.
          Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Hi Re-nee. While I am not a health professional, clamidya or mucus fishing syndrome, I am another young person (24) dealing with dry eye. It's very tough...I went from doctor to doctor, a common story here. I just watn you to know that you are not alone. Getting the proper diagnosis is very important, so I urge you (if you haven't done so already) to take up Dave25's suggestion of his doc and travel there for some help. I'm not sure how far that is for you, but 4 years of dry eye with no relief is too long. Good luck!

Comment

Hi, I had dry eye ruined my golden ages. My friends got married one by one, but me...hahahaha (you still have a son as a dry eye patient...)

Your eye was made more worse with wrong eye drop by those poor doctors.
              At very begining you should find a private good doctor then it may be less worse.

But I don't very sure what's your condition now.
              If there is no bacteria immflamation, then you can don't use any eye drop.
              Only bacteria caused corneal erosion must use antibotics from doctor.
              I had few years only use gel at night, bedtime use is a must.
              Eye drop didn't cure your eye, aviod it if not necessary.

Comment

re-nee7, check out this site, it has the Marshall protocol which has effectively been used to kill bacteria in the eyes, it might be worth a look.

rhad

Read this: http://bacteriality.com/2007/11/13/eyes/

Comment

Thanks for all the support

I just wanna say thank you to everyone for all your help I am actually going to take you guys up on a lot of your suggestions.

Comment

Very interesting!.............and led me to this site:-

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/

ian.

Originally posted by rhad View Post
                    re-nee7, check out this site, it has the Marshall protocol which has effectively been used to kill bacteria in the eyes, it might be worth a look.

rhad

Comment

Originally posted by rhad View Post

rhad

Interesting is this on perscription? how would one obtain it?
                      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
                      X