A Friend has been cured of Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Friend has been cured of Dry Eye

A friend who had dry eye so severely in college that she had to drop out of school, got in touch with me again today after years. She had dry eye for 3 decades and then went to an acupuncturist. 18 treatments later all sign of her dry eye is gone. It might be worth a try for some of you who have not found relief. She went to the acupuncturist somewhere in Europe while traveling. This was 2 years ago. She has completely normal tearing now and does not even use drops.

Have dry eye for 30 years??? Fully cured?! ^^

Lots of article on chinese medicine have cases of curing dry eye. Usually for the common aged women moderate dry eye. (40-50 women got some health changes)

The cause of dry eye vary with different people, and the method & effect of chinese medicine & acupuncture varies a lot with different patient and different chinese doctor.
    But the western medicine, method still are needed to keep your cornea protected.

I am taking herbs and acupuncture in this few years. (Lucky my living place got lots western and eastern doctors)

Comment

Accupuncture didn't work for me but anything is worth a shot! I gave it about 5 sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_ View Post
        Accupuncture didn't work for me but anything is worth a shot! I gave it about 5 sessions.
        1 "treatment" may means about 10 - 15 times of accupuncture. (For the meaning of "treatment" in chinese)
        Don't sure she's saying "a treatment" or "one time".
        If it is only 18 times not 18 "treatment" then she is lucky that her body just get so little stuck!
        Last edited by hkgcomet; 01-Feb-2009, 05:23.

Comment

I go for Acupuncture when eye discomfort gets too much to cope with and it affects my ability to function normally. Like many people, pain even disrupts my sleep.

Acupuncture has helped relieved some of the feelings of anxiety and depression - serious handicaps when you are trying to cope with pain and lead a normal life. It hasn't `cured' me but it has certainly helped.

A good practitioner diagnoses patients as individuals, rather than diseases, and then involves the patient as much as possible in the treatment. Outcomes will vary from patient to patient - as in the case of Western medicine.

The World Health Organisation reports that at present Acupuncture is being used in at least 78 countries. Many GPs in the UK support its use alongside mainstream medicine - which was certainly not the case a few years ago.

Comment

It did nothing for me, had about 6-8 sessions. I think it depends on cause whether this will help as usual for dry eye. I think its more helpful for aqueous deficient for one thing.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I have been going once a week for 6 months. It has helped me a lot. But I am very involved in my treatment, following a strict diet, going to yoga and trying to cut out anything negative in my life.

I immediately saw a difference in anxiety, my sleeping became better, and when I get an "eye ache" she can get rid of that pain in a session. The dry eye itself is a bit more of a challenge, but baby steps and I know I will get there.

bernadette.

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
                I have been going once a week for 6 months. It has helped me a lot. But I am very involved in my treatment, following a strict diet, going to yoga and trying to cut out anything negative in my life.

I immediately saw a difference in anxiety, my sleeping became better, and when I get an "eye ache" she can get rid of that pain in a session. The dry eye itself is a bit more of a challenge, but baby steps and I know I will get there.

bernadette.
                Happy to hear that! Hope you would fully recover soon.

Comment

Working...
                X