punctum plugs=Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punctum plugs=Odyssey

I have dry eye syndrome. My right eyelid does not close all the way and it always has less tears. My doctor told me I have Dry Eye. My doctor inserted EagleVision punctal plugs two different times and they kept falling out. I was getting upset with him on punctum plugs. He then inserted the Odyssey punctum plugs and the plugs have stayed in now over 9 months. What a relief the Odyssey Punctum Plugs really work. I have less problems. I will keep monitoring the plugs and let you know.

I also had a good experience with Odyssey plugs after trying several others. This has been some time ago, but it's worth repeating for others having trouble finding the right plug. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

punctal plugs

I have just had these plugs put in for the second time, haven't got a clue which ones they are, but to be honest, they don't seem to make any difference, in fact, it just feels as if there's some grit in my eyes. I'm very new to this site, so bear with me. I'm just desperate to speak to other sufferers, as I don't know what brought this on, and I cannot believe there's no real cure. I take flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, lutiene, eye drops 4 times a day, I don't smoke, and no I'm not going through the menopause, and at the risk of sounding dramatic, it has ruined my life, as after about 7pm I just cannot function properly, and all I can do is sleep, I can't see that well, and certainly wouldn't risk driving in the dark?? Any advice or tips gratefully received, oh and I'm only (!) 44.

Comment

I had the Odyssey plug inserted in one punctum about 10 days ago. I notice no real difference in the way my eye feels, and when I look to the right and look down and right the plug scratches my eye. I will be seeing my doc on Thursday, may have it replaced with another type.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyP View Post
          I have just had these plugs put in for the second time, haven't got a clue which ones they are, but to be honest, they don't seem to make any difference, in fact, it just feels as if there's some grit in my eyes. I'm very new to this site, so bear with me. I'm just desperate to speak to other sufferers, as I don't know what brought this on, and I cannot believe there's no real cure. I take flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, lutiene, eye drops 4 times a day, I don't smoke, and no I'm not going through the menopause, and at the risk of sounding dramatic, it has ruined my life, as after about 7pm I just cannot function properly, and all I can do is sleep, I can't see that well, and certainly wouldn't risk driving in the dark?? Any advice or tips gratefully received, oh and I'm only (!) 44.
          That's exactly how I feel!!! It has ruined my life. But don't want to lose hope. We have to find a cure!
          Anna

Comment

Good results with punctal plugs

2007 - I used to have the punctal plugs inserted every 3 to 4 months. Sorry, I can't find the name of them. I changed doctors and new one suggested to only use the eye drops Systane.

While using the plugs I had no problems and the excessive tearing in the right eye stopped. I my case they worked great.

Comment

I took bilberry post Lasik in an effort to heal my eye. My night vision problems went away and I found out afterwards bilberry is good for night vision.

Don't know if it was the bilberry or the 100 other things I was doing, but I still take the odd tablet when I remember, just in case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilberry

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
              X