This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello my old friends

I have been very neglectful of this site that gave me so much help in my time of need, but I want to let you know how well I am doing.

After almost two years since Lasik I have to admit that I am fairly much doing nothing with my eyes, no drops, no compresses and no night time gels, though to be honest i should really be doing the compresses. My eye is doing really well, I get an occasional 'dry' felling, but rarely any soreness and never any pain. And that is from a place here I was having erosions and experiencing a pain that I never thought possible, in a place that there is not supposed to be any pain, the eye.

Looking back big chances came:
    1. Removing my top plug. With MGD I felt that removing one plug left my eye feeling more stable and not so up and down.

2. Doing rice bag with lid wipes and no scrubs. I felt the scrub left my eye felling raw, even though it was a gentle 'wipe' rather then a 'scrub'.

And of course I swear by eating raw veg and juicing all day every day which helped get my inflammation under control.

Right now I am living in a very remote part of Ireland where the men wear peaked hats and tweed jackets and donkeys abound...a big change from San Francisco. I am doing a course in organic horticulture, a path I never would have taken if it wasn't for my dry eye experience. I am no longer eating raw due to the really cold conditions in Ireland, but I am hopeful now that I am growing my own I will get back into it again.

So there you go...I hope the oldies are doing better and for the newbies, hang in there...it may take a while to find what works for you, but it will happen.

Keep well,

Bernadette

Good to hear how well you are doing Bernadette.

T'is indeed a far cry from San Francisco but it seems to be doing you good.

Comment

Hi Bernadette-

Good to hear that you're doing well and your new life sounds interesting at best! I hope you enjoy this course you're taking and can tell us more later.
      Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

hey Bernadette

I am so happy for you!
        Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope that soon we will be able to share similar stories in the forum!

Your surroundings sound amazing, stay happy and smile a lot!

Comment

i just thought i would comment on this so it got bumped up to the top in 2017, since its a recovery story i think plenty of the new people here would like to read.
          People have recovered, so can we.
          www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Working...
          X