X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful

Dear red and sensitive,

putting honey in the eyes, never heard of that, that sounds like risky business. No wonder you got cysts, thats what happens when your eyes become infected.

if the honey is not sterile, boiled in an autoclave at 300 degrees in a completely airtight sealed room, your asking for a potentially blinding eye infection

thats not good, cuz cysts could lead to blindness!

as for honey though, I heard manuka honey has the antibacterial properties to kill even antibiotic resistant staph bacteria called mrsa

Might try that on top of the eyelids,

As for your brave endeavors to use unsterile castor oil Directly in your eyeball, Is brave.

I heard castor oil exhibits toxic effects on the eye ball causing redness but it does heal the skin, of the eyelids which causes dry eye, inflammation, infection and the redness you describe red eyes.

keep it refrigerated and use it from a separate container if you are going to continue with your risky endeavors

I hope you dont get cysts or a horrible eye infection.

I wouldn't try it, but I had heard in one case where it cured someone of anterior blepharitis, which is inflammation to the front of the eyelid because they used it on top of the eyelids not in the eye.

now for MGD or posterior blepharitis is another story,
    I haven't been brave enough to put something like that anywhere near my eyeball...

let me know what you find, I pray that your endeavors will help you...not hurt you...Keep up with your eye doc and make sure if you notice anything un ususal happing see em

Comment

Originally posted by Goeyes View Post
      Dear red and sensitive,

putting honey in the eyes, never heard of that, that sounds like risky business. No wonder you got cysts, thats what happens when your eyes become infected.

if the honey is not sterile, boiled in an autoclave at 300 degrees in a completely airtight sealed room, your asking for a potentially blinding eye infection

as for honey though, I heard manuka honey has the antibacterial properties to kill even antibiotic resistant staph bacteria called mrsa

Might try that on top of the eyelids,

As for your brave endeavors to use unsterile castor oil Directly in your eyeball, Is brave.

I heard castor oil exhibits toxic effects on the eye ball causing redness but it does heal the skin, of the eyelids which causes dry eye, inflammation, infection and the redness you describe red eyes.

keep it refrigerated and use it from a separate container if you are going to continue with your risky endeavors

I hope you dont get cysts or a horrible eye infection.

I wouldn't try it, but I had heard in one case where it cured someone of anterior blepharitis, which is inflammation to the front of the eyelid because they used it on top of the eyelids not in the eye.

now for MGD or posterior blepharitis is another story,
      I haven't been brave enough to put something like that anywhere near my eyeball...

let me know what you find, I pray that your endeavors will help you...not hurt you...Keep up with your eye doc and make sure if you notice anything un ususal happing see em

Thanx for answering me

Cysts are "just" a blockage of the MG (almost like acne), witch is unpleasent and leads to more drynes and redness. But it can't lead to blindness after what I understand. If cysts can lead to blindness, so can dry eyes.. I don't mean to be difficult, I just wanted to say my opinion

Yes, the manuka honey could be better than just raw honey, but I don't think I want to try that anyway.

The castor oil has helped me, my eyes feel like 50% better. I can now look at my computer with both eyes open, and not with one eye closed, which I have done the last year. And I have A LOT less debris/crust on my eye lashes, during the day and when I wake up in the morning. My eyes are still red, so if the redness don't get better the next week, I will start to apply the castor oil only on my lids.

If the castor oil was full of bacteria, I would not get this reduction in symptoms. I have it in my refrigerator and I use a drop -thing..

Thank you for your input, if I had read this before I started the castor oil, I would not have used it directly in my eyes. But since it's working, I don't see the harm.

avee: Thanx for your input If the redness don't subsides within a week, I will start to only apply the castor oil on my lids.

Have a nice day
      The cure: be open minded

Comment

it smooths

My doctor said that my eyes became very smooth due to the castor oil, and that is why it makes me feel better.
        I hope it also clears inflamation, so the effect will be permanent.
        But mabe I put too much, because my sight became a little blured.
        By the way I just usual honey from the supermarket for 2 months, and felt it improved a lot the situation.
        I tried manuka, and it was very bad for me. Too strong and painfull to the eyes. And I dont think it has a better effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeyes View Post
          Goeyes - do you actually know people who have lost their sight because of cysts?

Cysts are horrid things to contend with - and must be looked after but I don't think your health warnings are helpful, however well intentioned.

I've had huge cysts on my eyelids without putting honey, castor oil or any other substances near them. I don't know what `caused' them; it seemed to be part & parcel of the whole MGD misery. I don't think punctal plugs helped if I'm honest but that's another story. My sight isn't brilliant but it never was - and I'm not blind.

Take a look at this charity's website.

http://www.sightsavers.org/our_work/...e/default.html

Comment

Irritation reduced

After 2 weeks, irritation has been reduced, and I can see in my eyes, that blood vessels are thinner.
            I use the oil a few time a day. Actually, many times when I apply it, irrita is reduced imediatlaly, or after a short time.
            Also th feeling of my eyes is smoother.
            Mabe drynes has also improved a bit, but I am not sure.
            I am going to give it a few weeks more to see if dryness improves.
            I also stopped using gentil gel in the night which irritated me, and use Theratears liquid gel.
            We dont have ointment here.
            I am looking forward to use Duolube, which I've ordered from Canada.
            Last edited by jivgil; 03-Nov-2010, 21:52. Reason: change

Comment

Castor Oil

Hi, just read this post with great interest.
              Im in the UK. Can anybody recommend a name of a Castor Oil that I could try and where can I get it please? Can I buy one from a normal pharmacy or supermarket?

Many thanks

Comment

Castor Oil

Getting hold of castor oil in the UK can be a bit tricky; you might be put through an overwhelming barrage of questions regarding its intended use or misuse. Whatever your age or gender, you could be asked if you are intending to induce labour - your own or someone else's.

It's doubtful that you would get it in a supermarket. Boots the Chemist do not sell it and you may have difficulty finding a chemist that keeps it in stock. I get mine from a small branch of Lloyds Pharmacy in the town where I live. No problems at all.

I cannot really recommend any one brand - I've used one from `Pukka Herbs' (bought online) but the product from Lloyds (Care Virgin Castor Oil) was just as good and much cheaper.

Comment

I use castor oil. You should buy the cold-pressed oil. I feel it helps me.

Comment

Just saw this thread about castor oil and was wondering if any of you were still using it. I started another thread about how it helped me and was told about it being toxic to the eye. I've been using it for several months now and have been able to stop using ALL other drops! Which were: Restasis x2, lotemax and systane(all throughout the day). All of which are very expensive, but we're not controlling my problems anyway, just allowing me to function basically. I am now able to go shopping, to church, use the computer, etc. without being miserable and only able to focus on my eyes. And without putting drops in my eyes the whole time.

I am keeping my cold pressed castor oil in the fridge, but am wondering if keeping it in the freezing would be safer. I think it's too viscous to freeze and it may kill any bacteria, fungus, etc. that may be present. I am going to ask my dr. About ordering sterile CO, but until then.....

I have tried many other oils, but they burn, cause blurred vision and just don't soothe my eyes at all. If something doesn't feel good in my eyes, I generally will not keep using it to see if it gets better. Castor oil was immediately soothing. I really hope it doesn't cause problems for any of us using it
                    Jeanne
                    Ocular rosacea, MGD, RK 94

Comment

I have been putting organic castor oil in my eyes for 4 days now and they are worse. Should I discontinue use?

Comment

Working...
                      X