This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great relief from dry eyes after using Triphala Ghrit (ayurvedic medicine

I found out about Triphala Ghrita very recently while I was surfing internet. It is an ayurvedic medicine made with ayurvedic herbs and ghee. I have been using this medicine since past 7 days and found a lot of difference. (Really a lot). I have severe dry eyes, and my eyes seemed to be more wet and oily now. I am not having any kind of discomfort or pain in my eyes after using this medicine. It is very very good and wanted to share about this one immediately with you guys.

Believe me guys and try this one. You will see lot of difference. (Triphala Ghrit or sometimes spelled as Triphala Ghrita).

I have been browsing a lot and researching about possible dry eye related cures or information in ayurveda. This is what I have been doing for the past one week.

1. Taking 1 or 2 spoons of Triphala Ghrit mixed with warm milk on empty stomach morning and evening.
    2. Apply Castor Oil to eyes (upper and lower eye lids and eye area). What I discovered is castor oil is also reducing fine lines and dark circles around eyes (amazing results!).
    3. Wash eyes with Triphala water. Put 1 teaspoon of Triphala Churna or Powder (this is different than 1) in water and let it soak overnight. Now filter the water with a cloth or filter paper and use the water as eye wash in the morning and evening.
    4. Refresh Liquigel or Celluvisc and Systane Balance as usual.

Note: Triphala Ghrit is different from Triphala Churna or Powder

After doing these, I am now really convinced that ayurvedic medicines really really work. Take my word and buy Triphala Ghrit. It costs about $10 or so. Its purely herbal and has no side effects. Just buy one and give it a try. I am 100% sure that (after using) you will thank me for telling about this product .

Brief description of these medicines from Websites:
    Triphala Benefits for Eyes:
    Triphala strengthens the muscles of the eyes and improves eyesight. It is helpful in curing various eye problems like cataracts, glaucoma, progressive myopia, and conjunctivitis. It is also used to wash the eyes, in order to reduce their redness.Triphala is very helpful in treating impaired vision.

Triphala Ghrita : is indicated in diseases of eyes. Useful in conjunctivitis and many other eye troubles.Triphala nourishes the nerves and tissues of the eyeball, including the eye lens. Cow’s ghee balances the vitiation of the vata dosha and normalizes it.

Triphala Eye Wash : Put a teaspoonful of Triphala powder in a glass of water( use of distilled water is preferable) , and let it stay overnight. Strain the water and wash the eyes with it.

Triphala Ghrit
    http://www.ayurvedabay.com/ayurvedic...-kottakal.html

http://www.lovenaturalremedies.com/D...-gm.html?pop=0

Triphala Churna or Powder -- You might find this in a big Indian Store ... try Whole Foods as well
    http://www.anythingindian.biz/store/...-pr-20640.html

As I said, I have been reading about ayurvedic medicine a lot lately. Basically I have a very dry body which is called Vata Dosha in ayurveda. My skin, hair, mouth and eyes seem to be dry all the time. This Vata dosha or dry body type can be treated effectively with ayurvedic medicine. I learnt that using ayurveda medicines my body type can be changed from dry to somewhat oily. I am beginning to think if I use ayurveda medicines, my body and hence eyes will also change from dry to oily.

In India, Kerala (state) is very famous for ayurveda. They have been practising ayurveda for centuries. I am in India now and planning to consult an ayurveda doctor for the treatment of dry body and dry eyes. I will update you more about treatment and/or Kerala ayurvedic medicines after my consultation.

----------------

My previous post:
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...uch-better-now
    Last edited by subashli; 24-Jan-2012, 00:19.

I don't know it it will work for me. I have a very oily skin (but my hair is dry). I did Lasik in 2005 but have never had the need to use drops, or had feeling my eyes dry, til last september, very probably because of the blowing oversized air conditioner that was put six months before in my workplace, directly to my desk (and eyes)...

But, as desperate as we usually are with this hell on earth called DES, probably i will give a try someday...

Thanks for sharing with us.
    Last edited by bakunin; 23-Jan-2012, 15:05.

Comment

You did not get my point. Triphala Ghrit is for all types of skin - dry, normal and oily. Trust me, it really works.

What I said was I am going to consult a kerala ayurvedic doctor to change my body type from dry to normal or oily. So that it even helps dry eyes to become normal.

Comment

Subashli,

Thank you for this posting. I have been wondering about Ayurvedic medicine and dry eye treatment. I have seen other postings about the beneficial effects of triphalia. I do use castor oil around my lid margins. Some of the oil seeps into my eyes. When I first started using castor oil it stung, but after three or four days, the stinging went away. I do think this may be helping me as well. I have read that castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and wanting to help others who suffer from dry eyes!

Comment

My mother has read some books about ayurvedic some years ago. I asked her about it. She said i have all characteristics of Vatta , despite my oily skin. Sooner or later i will try Triphala.

Comment

Subashli,
            Why are your eyes dry? lasik, sjogrens, mgd? i am just curious.. i dont drink milk so i know how i could take this supplement... i have sjogrens and mgd.. how did you find out about this supplement?
            Jenny

Comment

jenny2008,

I had lasik more than 3 years ago and my dry eyes worsened after surgery.
              My previous post: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...uch-better-now

You can mix this medicine with warm water or warm milk. I researched about possible ayurvedic treatments for dry eye and read several articles on the internet and also few of my friends have suggested about Triphala Ghrita.

Trust me and try once Triphala Ghrita (sometimes spelled as Triphala Ghrit). You will notice the difference in 1 day, your eyes will be more moist than before. You can see the difference in the mirror.

I know lot of people are reading this post but ignoring. I want someone other than me to try and benefit. I want each and everyone of you to benefit. I am pretty confident that Triphala Ghrita would work.

So someone, atleast couple of people please give it a try and post their experience with this medicine (good or bad). That way others including me will know if this medicine is really working for everyone.

1. http://www.ayurvedabay.com/ayurvedic...-kottakal.html

2. http://www.lovenaturalremedies.com/D...-gm.html?pop=0

Additionally while sleeping in the night, place wet cotton balls on your eyes and cover with a eye mask.
              Last edited by subashli; 05-Feb-2012, 07:32.

Comment

I'm thinking...what have I got to lose? I am so so so miserable right now and have tried so many things.

Comment

thanks Subashli.. :
                  elizabeth-let us know if you try it!!
                  i have to ask my naturopath first.. she has got me a srict no gluten/grain diet.. no dairy as well so since there is millk in it i have to make sure i can try it before i order it..
                  Jenny

Comment

thanks Subashli ..
                    after reading this post, i researched more on Trifla Ghrita and have now got one for myself. Will start from today and post my observations after 1 week or so.
                    FYI, one of the doctors i visited suggested me to increase milk in my diet and gave me an antioxdiant. That seem to have reduced my problem.

Cheers,
                    Gaurav

Comment

First of all, lots of thanks to dryeyezone , subashli and all other members.
                      Feeling good that I found someone to share my problem on the dry eyes. People who do not suffer from this, does not understand how bad is dry eye problem. Thanks lot to dryeyezone.com and people who are posting on this site.

I am suffering from dry eyes from last 2 years and it is going worst day by day. I am software engineer working in Bangalore and have to use computer for at least 10 hours per day.
                      Right now I am using
                      1.Optive eye drops
                      2. Genteal Gel at night
                      3. Cyclomune (0.05%)
                      Apart from drops, I am doing hot water compression, but above drops is not helping.
                      I am looking for any surgery or permanent solution, unfortunately there isn't one (:

Every time, I consult the doctor, I get new eye drop, which would seems to work for 2 weeks or so, later it will be back to square one.

Doctor metnioned that using cyclomune for 2 years will help, but its not helping a bit.

Subashli, i read your post - (My Story - I think I am much better now ) and it gave me lot of courage. Thanks lot lot lot for writing.

I will try Ayurvedic Medicine mentioned by you. Wanted to know do we need to consult Ayurvedic doctor before trying this Medicine?

Also, I will starting using Ashwagandha by Himalaya mentioned by you in other post.

I have few questions/requests for you.
                      1.Any idea where do we get wet eye mask (Siesta Reusable Sleep Mask in walmart) in India?
                      2.I read on the internet that more you use the eye drops, problem will only aggregate rather on solving. there it was compared with "more you wash the hands more dry they become" is that true? what's your opinion on this.
                      3. Have you found any good ayurvedic doctor in Bangalore or India?, who can treat for dry eyes. If so can please share the details.
                      4. I also heard that eye massage really helps. One of friend mentioned that whenever she visits beauty parlor in her native, she gets eye massage done and after that for 15 days she won't require eye drops. Though her dry eyes condition does not seems to be severe. Would like to know anybody in this tried eye massage and what are the results? Also some one can recommend, any good eye massage place in Bangalore?
                      5. Can you please mention, what all are you using now, like which eyedrops ( and how many times), ayurvedic medicines and castor oil and fish oil tablet. if you can give the details ( like daily routine), it will be very helpful.

Once again, Many Many Many thanks for writing here and helping the people like me.

Thanks,
                      Sudheer

Comment

My response is in BLUE.

Hi Sudheer,

If nothing is helping you, these are three main things that I suggest. Atleast they worked for me.

1. Punctal Plugs
                        2. Triphala Ghrita
                        3. Celluvisc

You do not need to consult Ayurvedic doctor for using Triphala Ghrita. It has no side effects. But you may consult one to find out if you have any other conditions that are related to eyes or dry eyes.

have few questions/requests for you.
                        1.Any idea where do we get wet eye mask (Siesta Reusable Sleep Mask in walmart) in India?
                        Not sure .... Try some super store - More or Reliance .... Else try in any big eye hospital pharmacy in bangalore ..... or stores that sell hospital/medical supplies.

2.I read on the internet that more you use the eye drops, problem will only aggregate rather on solving. there it was compared with "more you wash the hands more dry they become" is that true? what's your opinion on this.
                        Mostly I do not think so ... unless if you are using artificial eye drops/tears that have preservatives ... they might create some problem. Even prescription eye drops like Restasis should not be too often, we need to use them as suggested.

I would say "More you apply moisturizer (in winter) to hands, more softer and less drier they become"

3. Have you found any good ayurvedic doctor in Bangalore or India?, who can treat for dry eyes. If so can please share the details.
                        I found and read about few ayurvedic hospitals on the internet. They seem to be good, I have not visited them though. You might want to contact them and find out the details (let me know as well what they suggest )

Eye Ayurvedic Hospitals in India

4. I also heard that eye massage really helps. One of friend mentioned that whenever she visits beauty parlor in her native, she gets eye massage done and after that for 15 days she won't require eye drops. Though her dry eyes condition does not seems to be severe. Would like to know anybody in this tried eye massage and what are the results? Also some one can recommend, any good eye massage place in Bangalore?
                        I do not know. Personally, I am little scared to get eye massage done. Incase if you get the ey massage, tell us about your experience.

5. Can you please mention, what all are you using now, like which eyedrops ( and how many times), ayurvedic medicines and castor oil and fish oil tablet. if you can give the details ( like daily routine), it will be very helpful.

Daily
                        1. Celluvisc (Eye drops) --- Twice or Thrice
                        2. Triphala Ghrita by Baidyanath (Ayurvedic) --- Twice - Morning and Evening (3 tea spoons in warm water/milk)
                        3. Member's Mark Omega 3,6,9 fish oil (Sams club in USA) -- 2 per day
                        4. Applying Castor oil to eyes (eye lids)
                        --- Once
                        -------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the above, I suggest these if you can.
                        1. Do not sit under fans or AC.
                        2. Sleep under mosquito net so that air from AC or Ceiling fan will not directly hit your eyes.
                        3. Drink lots of Water - 2 to 3 litres atleast.
                        4. Sleep with a sleeping mask and wet cotton balls on eyes.
                        5. Use some night time eye ointment/gel in your eyes before sleeping.
                        6. Buy a projector, if you have to work on computer even at home. Using projector is not possible in office but atleast home .... I know this is very very costly but .... eyes are more costlier .
                        7. Sleep atleast 7 to 8 hours everyday.

Good luck and God bless.

- Subashli
                        Last edited by subashli; 03-May-2012, 10:47.

Comment

Hi Sudheer,

I am in India(Noida). More points from my side:-

- I researched on internet for right font for reading on computer - found it out to be VERDANA - i am trying it for 2 days and feeling better ((making it bold helps even more)
                          - Also there are set of guildelines for using computer in the right way(you can easily find on internet) for e.g. - from my personal experience - having brightness - 10, and contrast - 60 is helping me
                          - If your problem is not at a very severe stage like Subashli ,you need not try too many things at the same time. For e.g. - i am using right computer ergonomics, one antioxidant before bed, Trifla Ghrita twice a day, and one eye drop 3-4 times a day - Tears Naturale (any drop containing Hypromellose would suffice), Good sleep, As much natural air as possible (not available in close/ air-conditioned environments), little bit of physical exercises. All this are helping me.

Gaurav

Comment

Thanks lot Subashli and Gaurav for reply.
                            I bought Triphala Ghruta From Baidyanath in one of Ayurvedic shop in Jayanagar Bangalore and started using. I will let know my experience about it after a week.
                            One question though, just wanted to make sure what I bought is the correct one? The spelling on the box is "TRIPHALA GHRUTA", is that correct? , I read everywhere else in this website as "Grhita" and not Ghruta? Can you confirm?
                            Shop Person said , don't worry about spelling, its right product.
                            I have soft plugs inserted 1 and half years back and in my case I feel that it has not really helped me (:. Thinking of cross checking with my current doctor whether they are correctly inserted.

I will try castor oil and eye mask soon. travelling for next 3 days, After coming back to Bangalore , I will try this. Where do we get castor oil? In Medical Shop? Is there a particular brand for it? or we just need to ask for castor oil?

Comment

well i am going to try this for sure. $10.00 is all it costs better that , than $100.00 for RESTASIS

Comment

Working...
                              X