Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anyone who was cured of chronic dry eye?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the answer is yes. You have to let your body heal itself. I think there were stories were a guy had its glands damaged by chemicals and its body healed himself. I think dry eyes is about letting your body replenish.

Comment

Hi! I joined this forum just to say thank you to babybeluga for her testimony. I didn't know anything about Dr.Sarno or the tms theory, but after reading your post I just knew that I needed to give it a try. My case was very similar to yours. I had the red veins in both eyes and everything. I suffered from dry eye/blespharitis for about 7 months.
      After reading your post I started searching the internet for tms info and I read a lot about it. I watched dr. Sarno's interviews and docs in youtube. I read his book ''The mind body prescription''. After about 48 hours my eyes were 90% better. I cannot even explain how that happened, It was like magic. The pain just faded away. It was the best feeling I ever experienced, feeling I was going to get my life back. I continued to read about tms. 2 months passed by. Now I'm completely pain free. I can use the computer and watch tv again. I can live a normal life! I still have the residual veins, but it's not that bad. I apply cold water on my eyes and that helps to keep them unnoticeable.
      For everyone who is suffering from dry eye, read Dr. Sarno's tms theory!! You won't regret it. And don't let doctors tell you that there is not a cure for dry eye, because I know for sure that's not the truth!! Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

Jenny2008, please let me know how you like the books. I have dry eyes and other pain issue stemming from my dry eyes so this book sounds very good to me. thank you babybeluga for posting. I just ordered the book from the local library.

Comment

I, too, have joined this forum to thank babybeluga for passing on the information about John Sarno’s work. I was struggling with chronic dry eye, which was getting worse by the day. No doctor, ophthalmologist, eye drops, oils, change in diet etc were able to help in any way. Life was unbearable, I thought I would have to quit my job, I was living in fear and obsessed with my eye. I know I don’t need to continue, because most people reading this know exactly how awful the condition is.
          After desperately googling “cure for dry eyes” I came across babybeluga’s post. I immediately ordered the book “Healing Back Pain” (being willing to try anything at this point). My eye was healed in just over 24 hours after reading the book. It is an absolute miracle and words cannot express how grateful I am.
          I had been going through a very difficult time emotionally, and I now realise that my dry eye condition was my body’s way of distracting me from acknowledging how angry I was (as anger is a socially unacceptable emotion). I believe I was literally “seeing red”. Once I understood this, the condition disappeared. I am now applying this technique to various other health issues my brain has created to distract me from my emotions (such as high blood pressure, sore neck and tongue ulcers). One needs to be open to the power of the brain for this to work, and willing to do a lot of self-examination. It is worth the hard work.
          I beg all of you who are suffering to read John Sarno’s books. Knowledge is the solution.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I can not agree with you more, knowledge is the solution!

Comment

I think I'll have to order the book myself, although I don't believe in it (yet).

Comment

"Dry eye" is such a misnomer because it really should be classified in terms of type and etiology. If you have mild MGD, I'm sure fish oil and compresses would "cure" the problem to the point you don't notice symptoms anymore. If you have tear deficiency due to severed nerves from LASIK, there's no cure with our current medical technology. If you have lack of tears from an autoimmune process like Sjogrens, again, no "cure" unless you can cure the underlying immune process that's attacking your own glands. If you have dry eyes from partial blinking and poor habits, then you can potentially cure yourself by fixing how your blink. You really have to get down to the bottom of what type of dry eyes you have.

Comment

I'm halfway through "healing back pain" and I'm a bit torn between fully applying the techniques and doubting that my problems are mental problems. The Sarno way would be to get your eyes checked by an eye doctor, make sure there's no underyling physical condition that causes your eyes to be dry and then start working on your mind. AND stop using any treatment that again would underline that your eye problem is a physical one. (like eyedrops, lid hygiene, etc.)
                  I definitely found some relief already in telling myself that if my eyes are burning right now and the burning subsides in a matter of seconds, it can't be an inflammation problem. It just wouldn't be gone that fast again...
                  I'm curious how others apply Sarno's techniques.

P.S.: I really seem to produce less (no) tears nowadays when yawning, laughing, etc. than I did a few years ago. (which again could be a mental blockage) But when I use Restasis sometimes I have a huge amount of tears rolling down my cheeks. One day I couldn't even fall asleep, because my eyes were constantly tearing because of the burn. Therefore I can assume that my lacrimal glands are still able to produce the same amount of tears as when I was younger, just that the triggers have changed?

Comment

Working...
                  X