Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Chalazia Cured....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having done more research on Dry Eye, I would think that certain types of Dry Eye don't mix with MGP. I'm not a doctor, but my educated guess is that, for example, if you suffered from blepharitis or episodic dry eye due to Demodex Mite infestation, MGP could make your Dry Eye symptoms worse as it would not address the colonization of your eyelids, but would open up the meibomian glands nice and wide for those mites to crawl further up into and worsen symptoms. I was very lucky I had Evaporative Dry Eye caused by contact lens wear, computer use, and hormonal imbalance predominantly. When I addressed my causes and had MGP done it provided a lasting cure and I was very excited to share. No matter what your ailment, identifying the root causes and treating for them plus any intervention such as MGP would probably yield the best remittance of symptoms. The tough part is getting a good diagnosis and treatment plan while chasing down all the possible causes. I too was greatly harmed before MGP with copious anti-biotics and steroids when they could not unblock my severely blocked glands. My eyes were a mess before I got MGP, - constantly getting infected due to a very poor tear film. So, to revise, MGP was MY CURE of sorts...everyone is individual. My excitement years ago came from at LEAST being given the option as living in Toronto, Canada, no one performed MGP here and without it, I doubt seriously I would have improved. It's very sad that patients aren't given timely, accurate diagnosis and don't everywhere have access to the best treatments for them. Too many people have been harmed either some or more from what I've read in the very arduous task of treating their Dry Eye along the line. It is terribly frustrating unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
    X