X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD under control!

Hi Everyone,
    It sure seems from my profile that I am new to the forum but trust me when i tell you past one year I have been more loyal here then FB. Starting march of 2012 I suddenly developed blisters or rather small bumps on my eyelid margin or waterline. Earlier I consulted my family doctor back in India and he said don't worry just clean with baby shampoo and do warm compresses. Then I tried finding out online what this was, as I knew this is not a stye. I wear specks most of the time and sometimes wear lenses. So I had no idea why mu eyes were dry and I felt so gritty. The problem started worsening with more than 4 bumps each eye on the upper and lower eyelid margins. I went to about 6 ophthalmologists who suggested various drops and antibiotic creams which made my eyes more dry and just suppressed the problem. Once I stopped the medicine back they were(the bumps). Then one doctor suggested to go on doxycycline. He said he does not know how ling I would have to be on them. I also took flaxseed oil vitamin E and daily vitamins. I am more of a go natural person and did not agree to the doxy route just as yet. Then I tried Ayurvedic medicines like triphala eye wash, triphala ghrita etc which did help a bit with dryness but not much. I had two small bumps inside my eyelid which The doctor extracted. I did warm compresses 3 times a day which made my eye look like raccoon eyes. I am not kidding they were completely black. My haemoglobin is still a bit low about 10.5 and I will start working on it shortly. So this a background of my problems.

Now what I did to solve it. After showing so many doctors and understanding that allopathy does not have a cure and after trying Ayurveda I decided to try homeopathy. Voila! My meibomitis is about 90% in control. I have reduced dryness in the morning, the bumps on my upper eyelids have never returned since, my more problematic lower eyelids get a bump or two but they never get large like they used to and go away in a day or two. The first thing that I liked is the doctor could answer my question as to why I might have this suddenly, unlike the other doctors who told me they cannot tell me the reason or pin point on what it was. Secondly he assured me this can be controlled and cured. He did not say it was not curable etc. what I learned in this whole journey was that I should not overdo things. Firstly let me tell you I have not done warm compresses since I went in the medicine. My eyes feel fine. I don't expect them to be 100 percent good right away. They get tired and burn a little if I watch too much tv or pc so I avoid that. I have acne since I was a teenager 2 years back I got adult acne the cystic type. Did not have or have rosacea ever. But I used harsh chemicals like benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne and this could be the reason for my meibomitis too who knows. Any how I now have simplified everything. This is what I do for my eyes and face which I think have problems linked to each other.

In the morning and evening take filtred water warm it in a cup dip some q-tips in it and clean my lid margins. Take my homeopathy medicine which has no side effects at all 3 times a day as suggested by the doctor. For my face I wash with a simple homemade non irritating cleanser and toner in the morning with homemade flower and herb toner which helps soothe my eyes too. Only apply a moisturizer at night. For me its a miracle cream that cleared 90% of my acne. It is a medicine for tired eyes too which makes it perfect for me. Its calms my face and eyes and I sleep much better. It is so pire as it can be taken i internally too. My granpa used it, my parents used it for so many ailments and now I use it every single day without fail. My brother too uses it to soothe his tired eyes everyday. Its called kailas jeevan. Its my saviuor. Thats it!
    And i do not take any vitamins or tablets. I just hate them. I try incorporating all the viramins and minerals in my diet instead. I love to take triphala and amla internally which I do every morning. As I am from India my diet does have a lot of vegetables and lentils and stuff. In the evening I drink my favourite smoothie receipe which I made to i corporate vitamins good for eyes. And you guys will not believe read a post today here about eye science dry eye formula and all those things are covered in my smoothie so I sure am on the right track!

I just wanted to share this with everyone having a hard time! I read a lot and I am glad finally somethings helping me out! I do not know wheather anything of this will suit you guys but just wanted to share it!

Mani-

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for your report, Mani. What do you think has been helping you the most? Kailas jeevan, your smoothie, or your homeopathy medicine? Did you begin them all at the same time and how long have your symptoms been improved for?

Also I'm interested to know what exactly your smoothie consists of.

I assume the homeopathy medicine is just water "imprinted" with some herbs/plants?

Ingredients of kailas jeevan that seemed of interest to me:

"Camphor is readily absorbed through the skin and produces a feeling of cooling similar to that of menthol, and acts as slight local anesthetic and antimicrobial substance... Camphor may also be administered orally in small quantities (50 mg) for minor heart symptoms and fatigue... In the 18th century, camphor was used by Auenbrugger in the treatment of mania." It's used as an active ingredient in Vicks Vaporub.

"C. dactylon [devil's grass] has been studied at the University of Allahabad in India, and is reported to have serum glucose-lowering and antidiabetic effects, antimicrobial and antiviral properties…"
    Last edited by Optic; 08-Feb-2013, 13:39.

Comment

The medicine are small white sucrose tablets look like small beads which have medicine in them. Its completely safe and does not affect anything in your body. My doctor said its even safe to concieve a child while on them for me if I wanted to. Firstly, I did not start doing all these three things together. What I did was stop all the drops, compresses, antibiotic ointments and Ayurveda altogether. Then go on the homeopathy medicines. I asked the doctor why I had meibomitis and he said seems to be an immunity problem and its an auto-immune disease. I do not know what auto-immune is However I saw instant relief from the medicines. After my meibomitis reduced significantly in a month or so I stopped my benzoyl peroxide regimen for my face as it is too drying and I felt that it might be drying out my eyes. Thats when I started getting a lot of acne again but I decided to go natural. And you will not believe it I am from the state where kailas jeevan is manufactured and it took me 27 years of my life and a trip accross the globe to discover how great it is! So I started that much later. And the last was the smoothie. Which was mainly for hemoglobin and eyes.what I do is take one cup fresh spinach, one cup cooked spinach (this is for vit E but you could add wheat germ oil, I like to keep it simple), some carrots (beta carotene), one orange (vit C), two tablespoon flax seed meal (omega-3 and magnesium) and this one is personal choice I add yogurt to it. This helps skin, hair , eyes and you can mix and match fruits with this like grapes (good for eyes), beet (good for iron etc) or my favorite thing is bottle gourd (considered just superb for all body ailments in Ayurveda). Also you are so right about kailas jeevan it has a lot of good properties. Thus my skins clearing up well. I don't know whether it does anything for eye but trust me it is the most cooling thing that soothes them and it is so very natural!
      Originally posted by Optic View Post
      Thanks for your report, Mani. What do you think has been helping you the most? Kailas jeevan, your smoothie, or your homeopathy medicine? Did you begin them all at the same time and how long have your symptoms been improved for?

Also I'm interested to know what exactly your smoothie consists of.

I assume the homeopathy medicine is just water "imprinted" with some herbs/plants?

Ingredients of kailas jeevan that seemed of interest to me:

"Camphor is readily absorbed through the skin and produces a feeling of cooling similar to that of menthol, and acts as slight local anesthetic and antimicrobial substance... Camphor may also be administered orally in small quantities (50 mg) for minor heart symptoms and fatigue... In the 18th century, camphor was used by Auenbrugger in the treatment of mania." It's used as an active ingredient in Vicks Vaporub.

"C. dactylon [devil's grass] has been studied at the University of Allahabad in India, and is reported to have serum glucose-lowering and antidiabetic effects, antimicrobial and antiviral properties…"

Comment

Interesting. I'd bet flax seed, camphor, and devil's grass are the things which are helping your eyes the most. I haven't noticed any benefit from spinach, but carrots help my eyes to a barely noticeable extent.

Also I feel obligated to tell you that those sucrose tablets are just common table sugar and they have no medicine in them. Homeopathy has no scientific evidence to back it up. I'm just saying this in case you didn't know - not looking for a debate.

Comment

I do not know whether people believe in homeopathy but what I have experienced closely is that it helps quite a bit for chronic illnesses. My dad was an eczema patient since 20 years and now he is not suffering anymore after trying homeopathy. I tried both allopathy and Ayurveda which did not help and only after I started my homeopathy medicine I got relief in a month. Started everything else like flax seeds and spinach and kailas jeevan way after that so I am sure its not because of that. If something helps me get rid of my chronic illness I do not care whether its a proven method or not, it sure is for me!

Comment

Isn't it true that your dry eye symptoms improved after you began drinking the smoothies and using kailas jeevan? If so then there's no way to tell if the sugar pill did anything.

Comment

glad to hear something helps !!
              RG
              "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

Mani, are you seeing a dermatologist for cystic acne? We have similar problems here with rosacea but we are using topical antibiotics.
                Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Fortunately, my acne is way less now. But my blister/capped glands problems still persist. I just wanted to update that though all things have help a little nothing has cured my problem.

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                  Mani, are you seeing a dermatologist for cystic acne? We have similar problems here with rosacea but we are using topical antibiotics.

Comment

Working...
                  X