Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 1 year wasted of my life, I've got working punctal plugs!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 1 year wasted of my life, I've got working punctal plugs!

This year has been pure misery, my eyes were extremely dry, I haven't been able to live. Extremely long waiting times at the hospital and bad doctors haven't given me the help I needed until now.

Punctal plugs seem to work great for me, I got them a few days ago and I'm just so worried this will go away, what do you guys think, will it stop working?
    Last edited by Yzhfd; 13-Nov-2015, 20:44.

Great to hear you are better. What was your diagnose of dry eye? Did you only have aqueous deficiency (lower Schirmer test value) or also meimboiman gland dysfunction (meiboiman glands blocked, producing too thick secretions, tears evaporating too quick, low values of TBUT test)? If you have only aqueous deficiency, than I think punctal plugs will work amazing for you. Your tears will be captured in the eyes longer and you will have more relief. I know quite few people, with only aqueous deficiency which were almost beck to normal with punctal plugs. With aqueous deficiency punctal plugs will help you and in the future you should see even more improvement in your eye, because eye will be coated with more tears and will start to heal. Other story is meimboiman gland dysfunction. This is sadly chronic one , which by time can get worse as with constant inflammation more gland are getting blocked and stop function. So by this type of disease often also other treatments beside punctal plugs are needed to prevent worsening the eye condition.

Comment

Still have improvement but doesn't seem to be a miracle cure.. next step sclerals I guess and maybe serum drops. My problem now is that eyes are dry on top while tears gather on the bottom.

Comment

Working...
      X