Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success with diet (based on the movie: fat sick and nearly dead) -but only short term

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success with diet (based on the movie: fat sick and nearly dead) -but only short term

Hello all,

im still suffering under dry eyes. Like many of you, but never giving up the fight and one day hopefully we will find the solution. I gave up eye-doctors and similar and focused on alternative medicine...
    What I figured out is, that I stopped eating everything for 1 day and just drink fresh made vegetable juices (the only fruit I used was green apple). So I drank the whole day about 2,5 litres vegetable juice self made in a juicer, and a lot of water. The results were amazing. Next day I woke up without dry eyes, but it only lasted for 3/4 of the day....- still for me the feeling was incredible.
    Before the juices I tried an inlet with warm water or coriander tea...The same thing happened --> the following day my eyes were cured...just for one day...

So for me somehow, the problem must be somewhere in nutrition, our digesting system (bowel) or the liver - or all three together.
    I have now dry eyes for 6 years (MGD and a bit blepharitis and tried million of things out, but nothing had helped, except of triphala gritham) and in accordance to that, I changed my diet totally. From drinking coke, sweet tea lots of sweets and only fast food my whole life. Im now drinking plain water, exercise a lot and eat very healthy (lot of veggies, fruit, almost no bread, I reduced my meat intake, more fish, e.g.)...but still there was not really a lot of improvement.

IDK if somebody of you tried the thing with the vegetable juices, or the inlet. Please let me know?
    What I plan to do next, is to be 10 days on the juice diet and see if this will change something...( based on the movie: fat sick and nearly dead)

​Bojan

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:56.

Comment

Fat sick and nearly dead is such a good documentary, for those that have missed it - it's on netflix. A huge number of people with long term health issues over came there problems by juicing. Lots of theory on how it works, lots to do giving the gut a rest, inflammation being reduced, getting vitamins in large doses.
      I wonder if you might have an intolerance to certain foods? And its starting up again if your eating breakfast? But it could be your dehydrated and the juice is helping until mid morning when you need to drink more liquids? Just my two since though. The point is, your on to some thing here! You've found a key to your situation, it's on its way to being solved
      People have recovered, so can we.
      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Btw you may want to try taking some pro-biotic capsules while doing the juice thing to super boost your gut flora, do a bit of research on them first, and see if you think they would help
        People have recovered, so can we.
        www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

I'm trying the candida diet but no real improvement!!!

Comment

Hi,

My story is on this forum.

What worked for me is doing a nutrition/detox protocol, my eyes are 70% better and I rarely have symptoms now.

My thoughts would be that you are kick starting the detox process by getting all those nutrients in on mass, but it's short lived because the body uses the nutrients up quickly. The other thing is that if you eat something in the morning after the fast you may be reacting to the food, which means you could have leaky gut, this creates inflammation systematically in the body when the immune system reacts to the problem food.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I just came back from my training tour in Thailand (doing muay thai). My eyes felt a bit better, but thats normal when im not in front of the computer. And in thailand I was at the sea and exposed to the sun

Nevertheless thanks for the messages guys.
              sazy123 ​So you think I might have a leaky gut? How could that be possible? Arenīt there any symptomps for that?
              Now I started just adding the green juice everyday to my mealplan, and will see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bojan89 View Post
                I just came back from my training tour in Thailand (doing muay thai). My eyes felt a bit better, but thats normal when im not in front of the computer. And in thailand I was at the sea and exposed to the sun

Nevertheless thanks for the messages guys.
                sazy123 ​So you think I might have a leaky gut? How could that be possible? Arenīt there any symptomps for that?
                Now I started just adding the green juice everyday to my mealplan, and will see if it helps.
                Hi Bojan,

Its possible that you might have a leaky gut, its actually quite common, and is one the underlying causes of many inflammatory conditions, do some research on leaky gut and you will see what it is implicated in. I had leaky gut and it was one of the causes of my dry eyes, I had it confirmed with a functional test, I have been healing it​ with diet. The reason I mentioned it was because if your reacting to a food (after breaking the fast) which made your eyes worse, that is food intolerance/allergy and the underlying cause of systemic food intolerance symptoms is leaky gut. I will be a nutritional therapist in 4 months and have acquired a lot of knowledge on leaky gut. You don't actually need to have obvious digestion symptoms to have it.

Hope that helps, Sara
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by fourchimneys View Post
                  I'm trying the candida diet but no real improvement!!!
                  The Candida diet on its own doesn't work, you have the heal the underlying cause and Candida is just a symptom of greater imbalance in the body.​

Comment

NEI is saying that if you try cyclosporine, such as Restasis, it can take three to six months to reach maximum efficacy. Have you tried it, and given it three to six months?The link is https://nei.nih.gov/health/dryeye/dryeye.

If you tried it and weren't satisfied, or want another option, I will tell you one thing that helped me with eye pain. It is an extreme solution, but for me it has worked quite well: for the last eight years, and currently, I have been living on milk. Every day I drink somewhere between one and two gallons of cow skim milk, and really hardly eat or drink anything else. It really seems to make my eyes feel tolerable. I think the reason is that milk is a very easy food for the body to process because it is made from food that has already been broken up by the mother. I have tried the kind of diet that nutritionists recommend, which is fruits and vegetables, and fish; but for me that diet didn't work, and I had eye pain on it. But when I returned to milk, my eyes felt better, and tolerable. Since my body probably doesn't work too differently from other people's, I would guess that since it worked for me, it might work for others. In truth I can't see any harm from trying. Living on milk you might miss a few nutrients, but I believe it has enough of the important ones that one does okay. If people on dryeyezone tried it for a few weeks and it wasn't working for them, I suppose they could stop it, and return to whatever they were doing. But wouldn't it be nice if it helped them as it has helped me?

My primary care physician knows about the diet and is okay with it. She says if it works for the patient, then she's okay with it.
                    The diet may sound a bit monotonous, but surprisingly in practice it's quite enjoyable. Milk tastes quite nice and is quite refreshing. For me I'm really motivated to do it because it makes me feel better physically. It might work that way for other people as well.
                    If you do try it, would you let me know how it goes, whether it works for you, and how well, doesn't work, or whatever your experience is. If it turns out it works for people other than me, I can spread the word.
                    The idea isn't mine. I got it from the Masai tribe of Kenya, who are famous for living only on food from their cattle, beef and milk. I just emphasize the milk part

For about six years I was living on milk and it cured my dry eye. Then about two years ago I was feeling tired and couldn't shake it. So I added going to daily Catholic Mass. And the combination of living on milk and going to Mass seems to keep me feeling okay and my eyes feeling okay.

If you try living on milk let me know, because if it turns out to help other people than just me that's an important piece of info.
                    Last edited by Greg Dahlen; 22-Aug-2016, 07:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X