Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had success with scleral lenses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had success with scleral lenses?

I am a 22 year old diagnosed with MGD. I can no longer wear contacts, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck wearing sclerals? I wouldn't wear them everyday, at most a few times a year, but it would be nice to know that I had the option. Thanks!

Sclerals need wear time, they are not suited to occasional wear like several times a year. Best to build up slowly to a few hours a day then when you really need to wear them, you will be ready.

Comment

Okay thank you, I didn't know that. I have heard that some people will wear them for a while but then they become uncomfortable again and they quit. Is this very common for most users?

Comment

Maybe if you overwear them. They are difficult to start with, but once a correct routine is established, should be helpful. Always using medical saline un-preserved in 10 or better, 20ml vials is key and meticulous cleaning with an alcohol based solution such as Miraflow and Hydrogen Peroxide cleaning/soaking solution. I have found that even microscopic air-bubbles can cause corneal dry spots and stinging so insertion with the rubber plungers has to become a fine art ensuring completely overfilled with saline so surface tension keeps the saline in the lens before insertion.

Comment

Working...
        X