This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success since 2012

I posted back in 2012 about using Tea Tree and Oregano Oil. I still need to use them almost daily, but it remains a success. My treatment: The Tea Tree is diluted 1:1 with castor or coconut oil. Use a Qtip to dip into mixed oil then press out excess on sides of bottle, apply to eye lashes, eye brows and the skin around eyes and nose. I try to do this in the middle of the night if I happen to wake up, because demodex mites come out of their hiding in the roots of the lashes at night. And it is best to keep eyes closed intill stinging stops. In the morning or as often as needed, I use a Qtip dipped in very dilute oregano oil (1 or 2 drops in a half cup boiled and cooled water) to help kill the bacteria left by demodex mites. This treatment is ongoing, although I can skip a few days here and there. More results and cheaper than Cliradex and Ocusoft wipes. This has helped relieve the red, itchy, dry, sore, watery eyes from years and years of blepharitis.

Hope this can help someone. Dry red eyes are a depressing nightmare.

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:49.

Comment

"Tea tree oil kills staph but is toxic to the eye." I apply it to eyelashes, eyebrows, and skin; not into the eye. It is toxic to dogs. 'If you have been doing this since 2012 and if demodex really were the issue you would have probably solved it by now." You can never completely get rid of demodex mites, only continuous treatment keeps them to lower numbers. They live everywhere, the bacteria from their gut is perhaps the cause of trouble. 'As I understand applying 50% TTO to the eyelids is quite dangerous." I have read many posts on the internet of a high degree of success with TTO, both in shampoos, wipes, and mixed with oil. But certainly don't want to damage my eyes or have anyone else get into trouble, please send links to this warning. I certainly have improved with this regimen, although I can get flair ups if I stop and also from red wine or beer.

Comment

Last edited by savino; 20-Apr-2017, 06:07.

Comment

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:48.

Comment

Thanks Savino. Cliradex wipes are good for those who are sensitive to TTO. I do not have seb derm, but I do have rosacea/demodex and TTO is widely used for this condition with significant success. It is interesting that a number of years ago, I came across the same link that you gave above but no others with such a warning. It is important not to be careless, but going to the doc for daily treatment that these persistent mites need is not possible. I also find that treatment at night is so important because that is when these mites come out of hiding. TTO treatment has made such an improvement for me. Its use among opthamologists and many dry eye rosacea patients has also been effective. But it is important to keep up on the research.

Comment

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:48.

Comment

Working...
              X